What's even the goal of a match?

Killer? Kill people? No. Gather arbitrary points. But there is no statistic to show how much points I have in each category while I am in a match.

Survivor? Survive? No. Gather arbitrary points. But there is no statistic to show how much points I have in each category while I am in a match.


This game is so confusing without any reason for it.

Comments

  • Yes it does?

    Every time you get points, a little icon pops up and has a circle around it. That circle fills in as you gain points. 8000 is the max per category so if it's a Fist and the circle is half full, you currently have 4000 BP in Brutality

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/173212/whats-even-the-goal-of-a-match

    Don’t confuse pipping with winning.

    Survivors goal: survive.

    killers goal: kill.

    the emblem system is (supposed) to just be an indicator of whether you were unfairly matched, fairly matched, or if you need to be matched with more skilled opponents.

    Eh, I've tried facecamping everyone to death a few times. I'd get 3K's or 4K's, depip, and the match wasn't that exciting. I found 8-hook games where nobody died but I pipped or safety pipped more enjoyable than 4-hook games.


    I was under the assumption the emblems were supposed to be a score-card for how well you did. Granted supposedly the new matchmaking system isn't going to use emblem score for your matchmaking value.

  • Nah, this game has all sorts of metrics and doodads, but none of it matters and the only permanent thing is bloodpoints. Obviously you wanna win but you have to decide if you won or not. No one cares what the Entity thinks. Dumb spider plant thing.