Custom Games should be more custom
Explaining everything to your new friend in KYF mode is currently very boring, as trying to show them how the Endgame Collapse works requires that I make them just... sit there and repair gens. Not a good way to make them feel engaged. Trying to explain certain perks also requires that I do it right the first time. If DS gets used but they still don't understand or miss the skill check, we can't demonstrate again. With exhaustion perks, you have to wait around for 40 seconds before the next demonstration.
In public matches however, the opposite occurs. Noobs are very tense trying to play around the killer and it's hard to absorb information in a horror survival. You can't demonstrate the value of certain loops to a new player in real-time because the killer will almost always catch them before they get to try it out.
This is why I suggest making custom games more custom. Let us set the number of gens to be done, turn cooldowns on/off, or edit repair/sabotage/healing/cleansing speeds. I think this would be a good way to make the game more user-friendly to new players.
Comments