Yes, another Deathslinger post from me

But by god, why have I not thought of this? I cant remember who posted this idea originally, but I am NOT taking credit for it.

Deathslinger is entirely reliant on chase, but lacks map pressure. The solution? Allow him to shoot the environment, and grapple himself throughout the map. He stays grounded of course.

This means

A. He no longer need a movement speed buff or a terror radius adjustment.

B. Reeling addons actually are useful now.

C. He would immediately becoming the most fun killer to play in the game.

Comments

  • devs are clearly trying to nerf killers that can use their power to both travel the map and ending chases quick, i. e. nurse and billy. So I don't see this happening.

  • @YaiPa said:

    devs are clearly trying to nerf killers that can use their power to both travel the map and ending chases quick, i. e. nurse and billy. So I don't see this happening.

    Youd really need to use your brain in order to down in a chase using your gun as a zipline.

  • I agree that would be fun as hell, but I'm not sure Deathslinger needs that. I remember thinking at the time of his PTB that he was on the weak side, but now that I play him regularly he seems to be in a pretty good spot to me.

  • @BillyDied said:

    Sounds like pathfinder, I agree with this buff he needs it for the 4v1 aspect.

    Additionally I would "slightly" nerf his 1v1 aspect and give him a little "windup" time like huntress because his quickscoping is ridiculous in a game like dbd

    Id add like a gun cocking sound effect when he readies his weapon. Less noticeable than Huntress but still present.

  • @AGM said:

    I agree that would be fun as hell, but I'm not sure Deathslinger needs that. I remember thinking at the time of his PTB that he was on the weak side, but now that I play him regularly he seems to be in a pretty good spot to me.

    i always thought the same of billy lol

  • lawl. Slinger would become the new Billy. It would be both hilarious and all the Billy cry babies would have somewhere to go.

  • I just pictured Deathslinger as Spider-Man lmao. Neat concept but I don’t see this happening tbh.

  • @DeanWinchester said:

    I just pictured Deathslinger as Spider-Man lmao. Neat concept but I don’t see this happening tbh.

    I wish. Hell even making it so that hitting survivors with his power is sort of secondary.