Buffing bad perks

Shake the meta.

Autodidact, increase the chance of skill checks when equipped, or make all skillckecks more frequent

Solidarity, increase to 100% conversion rate

Second wind, make it that it will heal you if you are either injured or in the dying state

Diversion, lower the amount it takes to be in a terror radius, maybe down to 25 seconds

Light weight, make footsteps lighter

No one left behind--remove the end game requirement and activate when the exit gates are powered

Surge- no cooldown and can be used with any attack

Brutal strength - increase to 40%

Boil over. Increase the range where it blocks hook aura use and increase wiggle to 100%

Im sure there are many others, got any more ideas? List them below

Comments

  • I like the idea of surge getting a buff, but the thing is, imagine using it on a really strong killer, it might be too good.

    In fact I like most of these buffs, I would like to change babysitter because it is just that bad, but I can't think of a good buff to it.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    I like the idea of surge getting a buff, but the thing is, imagine using it on a really strong killer, it might be too good.

    In fact I like most of these buffs, I would like to change babysitter because it is just that bad, but I can't think of a good buff to it.

    Perhaps, lower the cooldown will be good enough

    For babysitter, perhaps give no grunts of pain and haste status, it's already a trash of a perk to run anyways

  • Nope, the devs won't have it. The meta must remain untouched. If there's a problem, nerf a random killer and it'll get better. /s

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1454247#Comment_1454247

    Perhaps, lower the cooldown will be good enough

    For babysitter, perhaps give no grunts of pain and haste status, it's already a trash of a perk to run anyways

    for babysitter increase effect time to 20 seconds min and other things

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1454247#Comment_1454247

    Perhaps, lower the cooldown will be good enough

    For babysitter, perhaps give no grunts of pain and haste status, it's already a trash of a perk to run anyways

    Probably yeah something like that.

    I also want a buff for We are gonna live forever, maybe for each safe unhook the survivor gets a slightly buff to healing and unhooking, kinda like leader but better.

  • @Alify said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1454256#Comment_1454256

    for babysitter increase effect time to 20 seconds min and other things

    20 sounds good

  • Devs have shown that every since Mettle of Man, they're scared of making new perks that can rival the meta perks. So while we get these few simple buffs to perks like Lightborn and Tinkerer, they'll never be up to the level of the meta perks.

  • @Freesham said:

    Devs have shown that every since Mettle of Man, they're scared of making new perks that can rival the meta perks. So while we get these few simple buffs to perks like Lightborn and Tinkerer, they'll never be up to the level of the meta perks.

    What I'm hoping for is to make perks more viable and give players more reason to switch their perks up

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I have wanted your exact proposed change to No One Left Behind for a while. I think that would be perfect.

    I think Autodidact should just work with medkits when healing others. That way you can bring add-ons to increase the skill check chance. Alternatively, if you keep the fact that it can't be used with medkits, I don't think it would be OP to make it work with Self Care either. Your first heal could well take like 40-50 seconds, but you'd have a better chance of getting max stacks, and after your first heal you'd have a chance at some really fast self heals. I still think Self Care + Botany would be a better combo in most cases, but Self Care + Autodidact would be unbelievable against an anti-heal build.

    I'd like to see the Undetectable status effect from Beast of Prey persist for 15 seconds after Bloodlust ends.

    I heard someone suggest making Monstrous Shrine spawn a second basement on maps that have two basement spawn locations in addition to its current effects, and I think that would be really entertaining and keep survivors guessing. It might end up being annoying if basement Bubbas started abusing it, but idk, I think it'd be fun.

    I'd like to give No Mither a small (~3%) boost to speed.

    Another one that could be fun is having Slippery Meat let you attempt to escape the hook in the struggle phase as well. That way you could pair it with Deliverance to hugely increase the chance of getting to use it at the end of the game.

    I totoally forgot about the autodidact not working with medkits, that could work well.

  • I really love that idea for Second Wind.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    I like the idea of surge getting a buff, but the thing is, imagine using it on a really strong killer, it might be too good.

    In fact I like most of these buffs, I would like to change babysitter because it is just that bad, but I can't think of a good buff to it.

    Surge would be much better if they removed the basic attack requirement. I don't know if that would break the perk but it would most certainly make it more viable.

  • @Freesham said:

    Devs have shown that every since Mettle of Man, they're scared of making new perks that can rival the meta perks. So while we get these few simple buffs to perks like Lightborn and Tinkerer, they'll never be up to the level of the meta perks.


    Actually, I am quite hopeful that tinkerer might enter the meta with the planned buffs. I feel like those buffs will actually make it pretty dann strong. So i am hopeful they‘ll do that with more perks in the future.

  • many killers dont have terror radius, so devs will have to buff Diversion a lot to get it up to good perks

    also, I think that devs are just too lazy or too scared to significantly change the game. They are the kind of people who would say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and keep it boring forever.