What does "merge progression" mean (Cross progression)?
So I read the article about crossplay and cross progression and even tho PS4 x STEAM isnt announcent Im so happy to hear the news and deply hope its going to expand on all platforms.
Now to my questions (I hope a dev/mod can clarify) what does "merge progression" mean?
Lets say I have on Steam Jake on P3 Level 50 with all perks and 10 Toolboxes and On Switch I have Jake on P1 Level 43 and with 30 Toolboxes. How would a "merged Jake" look like? P3 Level 50 with all perks and 40 toolboxes?
Comments
If it's the same thing that Smite did, basically they look at all the sources you log into your account from, and add the differences (new stuff) as unlocked so every time you log in from then on you have access to it.
Yeah we will just have to wait and see I suppose..
maybe you can manage it in that BHVR account that you have to link with your platforms the first time you setup a new platform there.
i will wait with my Switch purchase until cross Progression is live though.
(still hoping for NoES in switch as well as Quentin face rework)
I have no clue what smite is or did, elaborate pls
Smite is basically League of Legends, but 3rd person over the shoulder and with mythological gods throughout the different followings, including actually "fictional" like Cthulhu. They had it available on all the consoles, then PC, with no crossplay. Then crossplay with the consoles. Then Crossplay with PC and the ability to merge everything. So if you had been playing on PC for like two years, and somehow had a few months on Xbox, it would look at everything unlocked total between both sources and attach it to the actual Smite account. So anytime you log in in the future you see it. If it's a new network, like PSN or Switch now, it will take anything you have unlocked that's new to that source and add it to the account. It basically ensures all the unique unlockables you've unlocked are accounted for.
I hope that's what they do.
sounds good, hope BHVR does something similar
‚merge‘ Progression at least implies that it’s not just an either this account or that account progress so I would be hopeful..
so it would be P3 Level 50 with all perks and 40 toolboxes?
I don’t know, but it is possible. Especially with some people having event items they don’t wanna lose