An Issue with Loading Screen Tips
One of the things I really miss from having the 4th Year Anniversary loading screen tips is the fact that the lack of loading screen tips meant that I wouldn't be told what killer I was going up against from any tips popping up on how to beat them.
(For example I face a Trapper and the game tells me how his power works while we're loading in to a trial)
These are fine for new players who know nothing about the game and how killers work but I've noticed a disappointing trend in how the game reveals to me if I'm going up against a stealthy killer such as Ghostface, Wraith, Pig or Shape. There is a scary feeling to being on a generator and not knowing if one of those killers is approaching you and it takes away one important horror aspect of the game.
I believe being able to detect which killer you're up against is a reward for being knowledgeable about the game, if you know that a jigsaw box means you're going up against the pig, it feels more rewarding for you than having the loading screen tips tell you who you're up against.
Comments
That only works for like... 2-3 games when you didn't face that killer at all.
They're only there to help survivors to know what they killer can do.
I've been playing for almost 2 years now and still receive tips over which killer I'm going against. I have tips turned off in the settings too.
Huh... That must be a client specific bug then. Did you try checking you files or contacting support about it?
I've never even considered it a bug, whenever I'm with my friends in a party (ps4 btw) we always ask each other if the loading screen tips are saying how to beat a specific killer. I guess I should verify with them if they can actually see it ever lol