Vote Now?

Sincerely, there needs to be a Vote on Maps. Anyone else tired of seeing the same Map every time? I mean really. One Game someone deliberately offered a Strode map and no one else had an offering to anywhere else. To my surprise, it took us to Rancid instead. So what's the point of offering maps? Instead I rather vote on 2 chou es. Am I wrong? The two choices need to be removed from RNG each time. (I even been in matches where the exact t same map is again the next Match. No offerings. It doesn't make sense.

Comments

  • Then we'd play nothing but Survivor favored maps as there are four survivor votes to one killer vote...

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Then we'd play nothing but Survivor favored maps as there are four survivor votes to one killer vote...

    Got a better idea on how not to see the same 3 maps out of 20+ choices we have already. Sans-offerings of Map choices?

  • @IIITweedleIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450823#Comment_1450823

    Got a better idea on how not to see the same 3 maps out of 20+ choices we have already. Sans-offerings of Map choices?

    I feel like you're greatly exaggerating how often people get the same maps (I don't feel like that's my experience at all) but for fun, we'll pretend your experience is everyone's.

    If your issue was the case, I'd just ask BHVR to make it truly random which map you get rather than weighted random, which I presume they currently use (as in you could get any map but some maps have a higher chance of being randomly chosen).

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450843#Comment_1450843

    I feel like you're greatly exaggerating how often people get the same maps (I don't feel like that's my experience at all) but for fun, we'll pretend your experience is everyone's.

    If your issue was the case, I'd just ask BHVR to make it truly random which map you get rather than weighted random, which I presume they currently use (as in you could get any map but some maps have a higher chance of being randomly chosen).

    I was speaking from my own experiences. I never claimed I spoke for anyone else. I question if anyone else has this experience, if at all, I'm not dense to the fact everyone doesn't experiences the same. But alone, I doubt Murphy's Law would stay their hand for one insignificant speck like me.

    That said, as said "I am a speck" I doubt BHVR would look into this one issue. To add to the last part of your reply. It would work if RNG eliminated a map on a random generation if it red the map you just had a trial in.

  • As Tippy already pointed out, voting on maps would most likely result in playing survivor favoured maps most of the time, since there's four people playing survivor and one playing killer. Map voting doesn't work so well in an asymmetrical game.

  • I'd be happy with a "Not Haddonfield" offering. I'd use that every game.

  • Id be happy with a system where we get to see a randomly selected pool of maps and know that one of them will be the map for the next game. get rid of map offerings and there we go, truly random

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I'd be happy with a "Not Haddonfield" offering. I'd use that every game.

    Same but with Ormond.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I'd be happy with a "Not Haddonfield" offering. I'd use that every game.

    That's an idea. A offering to minimize the chances of getting a specific map. Granted, I doubt anyone will waste an offering spot instead use something more useful.


    Maybe a Map Offering system separate from gameplay offering? 🤷‍♂️

  • Maybe instead have a reject map vote. The killer can reject an entire real like Red Forrest. Then each survivor can reject a single map.

  • when no offering is brought, I always get the same map twice in a row. Not including last 2 chapter maps. They dont repeat..

  • @Peanits said:

    As Tippy already pointed out, voting on maps would most likely result in playing survivor favoured maps most of the time, since there's four people playing survivor and one playing killer. Map voting doesn't work so well in an asymmetrical game.

    What about a system like this..

    - The killer's vote increases the percent of a map being chosen by 8%

    - Each survivor's vote increases the percent by 2% up to a max of 8%

    - The killer would benefit if the survivors disagreed on a map but only by a max of 6%

    (OR the killer gets 4 votes worth 2% each and can distribute them however they want)

  • Messing with map offerings would likely mean Monto never makes another killer perk build video....

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    Messing with map offerings would likely mean Monto never makes another killer perk build video....

    .........who? 🤷‍♂️