When can hatch spawn in the map

I recently played a game with a friend. I equipped the 'Ultra rare' key.

We repaired 2 gens before it was us two left. We then repaired a third gen.

We searched everywhere top to bottom, throughly for the hatch. It was haddonfield, so it wasn't hard to know where we had been.

Unfortunately I was then killed and as I was being killed (Not registered as dead yet) my friend saw the hatch in the grass, 'clear as day' he said.

I read that the hatch spawns when the amount of gens repaired is one more than the amount of survivors.

Why did the hatch not spawn before I was in the animation of being killed (mori)?

If I'm wrong about the rule, can someone correct me on when the hatch spawns.


Thank you :)

Comments

  • @xXCAM3R0NXx said:

    I recently played a game with a friend. I equipped the 'Ultra rare' key.

    We repaired 2 gens before it was us two left. We then repaired a third gen.

    We searched everywhere top to bottom, throughly for the hatch. It was haddonfield, so it wasn't hard to know where we had been.

    Unfortunately I was then killed and as I was being killed (Not registered as dead yet) my friend saw the hatch in the grass, 'clear as day' he said.

    I read that the hatch spawns when the amount of gens repaired is one more than the amount of survivors.

    Why did the hatch not spawn before I was in the animation of being killed (mori)?

    If I'm wrong about the rule, can someone correct me on when the hatch spawns.

    Thank you :)

    Well, fun fact about the hatch. It actually spawns when the trial begins, but it doesnt become usable until the gen requirement is reached, or there is only 1 survivor left.

    As for your situation, I think you just missed it during your search. Its harder to find when its not open.

  • Yeah it should have shown up when you completed the third gen, but it would appear closed until someone uses a key on it. Maybe your friend didn't notice it because it was closed until you died?