I've played 10 games tonight with my friend...

My friend and I both are currently rank 5 after reset, and in 8 out of our 10 games tonight we have had our 2 other teammates be rank 17 or lower while the killer has consistently been rank 7 or higher.

This isn't anything new but it is incredibly frustrating when my friend and I run the killer for multiple minutes just to see our teammates crouch walking around the edge of the map.

Please for the love of God make it so it's not even possible for matchmaking to put teammates that are over 6 ranks apart from each other in a game. I don't care if it adds a couple minutes to the queue time it's incredibly frustrating for us and I can imagine for the newer survivors as well.

Comments

  • The funny thing is the matchmaking is meant to have a 6 rank hard cap but they disabled it around Christmas last year to make sure people got the fastest possible matches and never quite fixed it since.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    The funny thing is the matchmaking is meant to have a 6 rank hard cap but they disabled it around Christmas last year to make sure people got the fastest possible matches and never quite fixed it since.

    Yeah they do kind of have a double-edged sword pointing at them right now.

    They can either turn the cap back on and get longer queue times, leading to even more people complaining about not finding a game, or they can keep it the way it is and constantly deal with matchmaking complaints.

    I'm hoping that crossplay can help resolve this issue, but I'm not getting my hopes too far up.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1445991#Comment_1445991

    Yeah they do kind of have a double-edged sword pointing at them right now.

    They can either turn the cap back on and get longer queue times, leading to even more people complaining about not finding a game, or they can keep it the way it is and constantly deal with matchmaking complaints.

    I'm hoping that crossplay can help resolve this issue, but I'm not getting my hopes too far up.

    I mean im still waiting on the MMR they said would be coming "next month"

    That was said in May.

  • It does suck and I feel your pain. I just try to make most of the situation. loop the killers near them thats what i do LOL.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1446029#Comment_1446029

    I mean im still waiting on the MMR they said would be coming "next month"

    That was said in May.

    The fact that they won't be showing anything for the new MMR system makes me think that they're not going to change anything.

    There's no objective way to determine skill in this game unless you're watching them play.