Honest question to those upset about the changes on the PTB
How many of you ARE on the ptb? I mean, it's an open beta.
How many of you ARE on the ptb? I mean, it's an open beta.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I play for the first few days, call it good as I want to switch back to console where all of my account progress is.
PC players appear to make up a little more than half the playerbase, so the majority basically. Also, the changes are very well laid out so most people can get some semblance of how drastic the changes are with just the numbers.
I was there for 3 days. Killer queues were about 20 minutes.
I played with Ardetha, I was the killer in several of his open lobby matches. I played Billy.
not what I asked:
How many of those complaining are on the ptb themselves vs how many get their info from streamers, youtubers or plain text with potential misinterpretations
(I don't mean this snarky. I just know from my own betatests for other (much smaller games) that you will always see people misreading the patchnotes)
There isn't any reason for me to go on there. If the team set up a checklist for us with even a minor reward afterwards I'd totally do it, but I'd rather just let people who can go in with an idea of what to look for, rather than pad the numbers and feel like I've done absolutely nothing to help.
Do it, seriously. If I learned one thing about betatesting then it's that every input from people not knowing what to do there is as important as that of people knowing what they want to check out.
Ques are long so its rough but I tried it out for like 4 matches
If the billy changes go live id never play as him again that's for sure.
Oh my bad, I can't say for sure cause I don't have a statistic. But i don't think most people would be complaining without having any experience. But this is DBD so anything is possible.
I don't. Feels like a waste of time, since most of the time, the devs don't do anything major in the way of changes. So, no point in testing it out.
isn't this another "if you haven't tried out the ptb yet then you can't judge", right? because everybody called the nerf ages before the og ptb went live.
It isn't worth my time. DbD downloads in the most slow and frustrating way possible on steam and soaks up a ridiculous amount of my time. Not only that but killer queues takes AGES and survivors regularly DC making my wait pointless. No thanks. I'll stick to just watching gameplay.
Besides, I honestly don't need to try out some of Billy's addons to know they're irredeemable garbage. I definitely don't want to wait 20 minutes just to confirm that Mother's Helpers is useless.
Edit: How they handle BP on there is ridiculous. If I'm unlucky I'll go into the PTB with 100k points. I'm not grinding for no reason just to test garbage.
i tried not to have it be that. I just know (as stated) from my own experience with betaing that you do have a lot of people working off of distorted information when they complain.
And truth be told, so far the majority of complains about balance in general struck me very much as people being upset about not getting wins handed to them.
/shrug