Appreciation Post for Billy Update Post PTB

I don't mind that Billy is getting an overheat mechanic, but I was definitely worried when I saw how it performed on PTB because it was too punishing. I'm grateful the devs listened to feedback and are going to rectify this when mid-chapter goes live. It seems like it will be much closer to what was intended: People will still be able to make great plays with Billy, they just can't spam the ability constantly like with the Nurse changes. I do believe some of the add-ons still need a lot of work (please change Mother's Helpers), but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Thank you, BHVR!

Comments

  • Yeah...

    Thanks for something. But....they said they like how he's performing and then nerfing him.

    I still don't understand. But...I'll still be sticking to Spirit when the patch hits if we don't get more tweaks.

    He's a bit too complicated at the moment and his addons are WAY too complicated. It's so lackluster.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Yeah...

    Thanks for something. But....they said they like how he's performing and then nerfing him.

    I still don't understand. But...I'll still be sticking to Spirit when the patch hits if we don't get more tweaks.

    He's a bit too complicated at the moment and his addons are WAY too complicated. It's so lackluster.

    Hillbilly is one of the last (if not the last) killer(s) who has a very powerful ability with almost no punishment (only a small cooldown for missing or a stun if he bumps into something). I believe BHVR simply wants to bring him in line with Nurse where players will need to be smarter with the ability and use it more effectively. Good players won't be affected and will still be able to perform well, it just raises his skill floor a bit. Even after the nerf, good Nurse players are still killing 4 survivors at 5 gens easily and I believe the same will be true for Billy.

    And I'm a killer main in case anyone thinks this is coming from "an entitled survivor main".

  • @JacksonWise said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1444547#Comment_1444547

    Hillbilly is one of the last (if not the last) killer(s) who has a very powerful ability with almost no punishment (only a small cooldown for missing or a stun if he bumps into something). I believe BHVR simply wants to bring him in line with Nurse where players will need to be smarter with the ability and use it more effectively. Good players won't be affected and will still be able to perform well, it just raises his skill floor a bit. Even after the nerf, good Nurse players are still killing 4 survivors at 5 gens easily and I believe the same will be true for Billy.

    And I'm a killer main in case anyone thinks this is coming from "an entitled survivor main".

    As a Nurse main...

    Saying the Devs want to bring a killer in line with Nurse is not a good thing. Every Nurse main on this forum will say the same exact thing. Every post, every thread, every @ we have done in support for Nurse has been ignored. You do not want the devs to turn him into another Nurse situation.

    Nurse is a fatigue simulator.

  • These changes are exactly what he needed, imo. He just needs his useless add-ons reworked and hes probably good to go.

  • I'm happy that the devs changed something in the PTB. We had a pretty bad dry streak as of late with other PTBs.

  • I think if they removed all drawbacks from new add ons (literally all of them ie movement speed debuff and iridescent speed limiter), removed charge time increase from engravings (nerf the speed increase from current), and give a timer to the flashlight movement add on (ten seconds of +0.2 meters if a flashlight shines on the killer). This will put the add ons in a palatable spot.

    • Allowing the one yellow charge tike add on to remain without a movement speed debuff as a rare (purple) is not going to get probably any complaints. Many of the streamers were saying to keep all charge time add ons and apply cannot stack language. One twelve or eighteen percent reduction is far from broken. Also the brown add on with a penalty is such a sad metaphor for the state he was in in the PTB.

    More expensive (than current addons); still worth using.

    I think a reduction of one of the Hillbilly’s current drawbacks while utilizing the chainsaw is in order as well since they are limiting it’s use. He pre-nerf has to deal with a charge time, slower than survivor movement speed while charging, basically no movement speed after ending a saw, and a massive freezing cooldown upon hitting an object. All of this is likely planned to stay while also not being able to use the saw for long. Reduce one of these to encourage the use of chainsaw.

    These changes will encourage the use of his high end add ons. Encourage the use of his ability. And removes the negative aspects they were targeting with the nerf (face camping and insta saw).