I Only Have 1 Issue With Spirit

Its her ability to hear my groans of pain and due to the sound being directional, she can easily find you while phasing and tell if you moved forward, backwards or sideways but you can't do the same. Crank up the volume in your headset and use Stridor and once you're hurt, it's over.

Remove or greatly reduce her ability to hear grunts of pain and she'd be fine to play against.

Note: Edited due to having a spelling mistake.

Comments

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1449151#Comment_1449151

    @immortalls96 I've said why I hate Spirit and why I can't stand her. I play her at Rank 1. Hell, I just got done with 3 matches as her and 4k'd them with 2 gens left each time. I use M&A to get close before phasing. By the time they react, I usually get a hit but once someone is hurt, I rarely ever miss. If she doesn't get some type of change, I'll just play her all time until enough people get tired of it.

    She doesn't have a tell except glowing and unless you're in her face, she'd hit you anyway. She's easy to play and doesn't require much. Just hit, have high volume and kill. I enjoy playing as different killer's except Freddy due to me being night blind and his dream world looks like 1 giant blob of grey to me. I also love Doctor and Hag since not many people know what to do against them.

    I've been playing for almost 3 years without any real complaints about the killers but Spirit; I've been very vocal about once I got good with her and learned how to pinpoint people with her. In a lot of my video's, I use to play Spirit only because of how great she was then I started to dislike her once I played against her and realized that playing her and crushing people was fun but being in the receiving end was not.

    I play both sides and I loved going against Billy and even Nurse (except 4 blinks and above was pure hell and stopped being fun so when I do play Nurse, I never used more than 3 blinks). I was here when you got sucked into the ground, rubberbanned back into the basement and couldn't get out, stuck in the basement by an invisible barrier and I sucked it up and waited for them to fix that stuff.

    I've been playing so long that if they added my PS4 time also, I'd easily have 3k hours minimum. I had almost every survivor and killer P3 on console before switching to PC and then I still busted my ass to do it on PC. I love this game and I try not to complain about something unless it's just abhorrent. I've experienced what there is about this game and I honestly love it.

    When it comes to Spirit, I honestly hate going against her. You have nothing you can do against her when injured. Its a stacked deck. That's just my 2 cents in it. I've been through hell with this game and even if Spirit doesn't get changed, I'll just hook suicide and find another match. Either way, I'll do what I must to keep enjoying this game.

    Then I have honestly have no respect for you anymore ..3k hours and you just..give up now? 4king with 2 gens left isnt a stomp..that means the match could've flipped at any time..that's a good match, but now you just rant about how your going to just quit..If what you claim is true I expect better from veterans..yet your becoming an issue for the community as a whole by doing this and as a content creator you just multiply the damage ...I was enjoying our little debate now I actually have a reason to have ill will towards you..I'm very dissapointed..all the same I wish you luck..goodbye

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1451968#Comment_1451968

    Then I have honestly have no respect for you anymore ..3k hours and you just..give up now? 4king with 2 gens left isnt a stomp..that means the match could've flipped at any time..that's a good match, but now you just rant about how your going to just quit..If what you claim is true I expect better from veterans..yet your becoming an issue for the community as a whole by doing this and as a content creator you just multiply the damage ...I was enjoying our little debate now I actually have a reason to have ill will towards you..I'm very dissapointed..all the same I wish you luck..goodbye

    @immortalls96 I'm very vocal if there is an issue that I have with something but if nothing will be done, there is nothing to dwell on. I appreciate your feedback as well. I try to listen to both sides before making a statement or posing a change but I won't badger the devs or others over something that I dislike. It becomes hatred then you start hating the game then the people who play it and that's how we end up killer vs. survivor arguments and that is not healthy.

    I never insult someone over their choice of sides (killer or survivor) because I switch betwern when I'm playing during the day. My main frustration against certain killers as a survivor usually boils down to my own teammates. They either unhook me with BT in front of the killer, I get hit after they go down and we just switch places when I had another 45-50 seconds on the hook.

    It drives me nuts. I get face camped a lot when I loop killers for too long but that doesn't bother me. It fills me up with pride knowing that the killer really doesn't want me to run him again. When it comes to killer, I try not to tunnel and give everyone a fair shake unless you've just been a real ######### but I try not to get too caught up by teabaggers.

    Mainly, I use to do it in Halo 3 and I grew up with that so it doesn't bother me as much. Now getting someone who has a macro flashlight and clicks it 109 times annoys the hell out of me. When I play as killer, I keep my volume high and it really starts to quickly irritate me. I've played against so many streamers and even got their signatures on my Steam wall that I proudly show.

    I just can't stand there and pretend to enjoy myself against something that I really don't like. Especially when I record, I show my wins AND losses. I show when I get stomped and I show when I'm the stomper but I can't fake enjoyment when I'm just getting pissed off the entire match.

    It's just unhealthy. No, I don't suicide on the hook. I was just saying that if it comes down to it, there is always a way to just move on to a more interesting match. I have videos where I was stomped by a Myers and by a Hag and you can hear the enjoyment of the jumpscares and him staring at the camera as I died. I was really having fun.

    Met really good people from this game on PS4, including killers who I have destroyed and we still talk on Discord who still ask for tips. The main problem with DBD is we focus too much on 4k'ing and escaping that we forget to have fun. That's my gripe about it. I've been stomped and still had so much fun that I wish I could relive it. The game has changed from that aspect and everyone just wants to win.

    I can't tell people how to play but when I do, I try to have fun and winning with a 3k is second to me. One of the few games that I still enjoy playing after 3 years. I just hope people could realize that this game is one of the most enjoyable games for an asymmetrical horror out there amd if it just stopped one day, many woukd realize too late, how much of a gem this game really was and how others interact with it.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1452081#Comment_1452081

    @immortalls96 I'm very vocal if there is an issue that I have with something but if nothing will be done, there is nothing to dwell on. I appreciate your feedback as well. I try to listen to both sides before making a statement or posing a change but I won't badger the devs or others over something that I dislike. It becomes hatred then you start hating the game then the people who play it and that's how we end up killer vs. survivor arguments and that is not healthy.

    I never insult someone over their choice of sides (killer or survivor) because I switch betwern when I'm playing during the day. My main frustration against certain killers as a survivor usually boils down to my own teammates. They either unhook me with BT in front of the killer, I get hit after they go down and we just switch places when I had another 45-50 seconds on the hook.

    It drives me nuts. I get face camped a lot when I loop killers for too long but that doesn't bother me. It fills me up with pride knowing that the killer really doesn't want me to run him again. When it comes to killer, I try not to tunnel and give everyone a fair shake unless you've just been a real ######### but I try not to get too caught up by teabaggers.

    Mainly, I use to do it in Halo 3 and I grew up with that so it doesn't bother me as much. Now getting someone who has a macro flashlight and clicks it 109 times annoys the hell out of me. When I play as killer, I keep my volume high and it really starts to quickly irritate me. I've played against so many streamers and even got their signatures on my Steam wall that I proudly show.

    I just can't stand there and pretend to enjoy myself against something that I really don't like. Especially when I record, I show my wins AND losses. I show when I get stomped and I show when I'm the stomper but I can't fake enjoyment when I'm just getting pissed off the entire match.

    It's just unhealthy. No, I don't suicide on the hook. I was just saying that if it comes down to it, there is always a way to just move on to a more interesting match. I have videos where I was stomped by a Myers and by a Hag and you can hear the enjoyment of the jumpscares and him staring at the camera as I died. I was really having fun.

    Met really good people from this game on PS4, including killers who I have destroyed and we still talk on Discord who still ask for tips. The main problem with DBD is we focus too much on 4k'ing and escaping that we forget to have fun. That's my gripe about it. I've been stomped and still had so much fun that I wish I could relive it. The game has changed from that aspect and everyone just wants to win.

    I can't tell people how to play but when I do, I try to have fun and winning with a 3k is second to me. One of the few games that I still enjoy playing after 3 years. I just hope people could realize that this game is one of the most enjoyable games for an asymmetrical horror out there amd if it just stopped one day, many woukd realize too late, how much of a gem this game really was and how others interact with it.

    Fair enough..but that doesnt mean we get rid of the high points of it whole we are here

  • @SaltedSnow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443324#Comment_1443324

    Iirc it's technically a bug, but her glass shards change colour/transparency when she phases, easiest to see when you're close to her.

    unfortunately this isnt very reliable, Scott Jund did a test, the shards only slightly change on a few skins, and does not always happen 100% of the time

  • @Eightball_uwu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443331#Comment_1443331

    unfortunately this isnt very reliable, Scott Jund did a test, the shards only slightly change on a few skins, and does not always happen 100% of the time

    True, though most spirits aren't aware that it's possible to see at all; you aren't supposed to play around the survivors knowing exactly when you power when you play spirit.

  • @Gylfie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443331#Comment_1443331

    Oh, that's good to know. I'll try to look out for that the next time I'm unfortunate enough to be that close to a spirit.

    That only works when practically touching her. If you are on the other side of the pallet shes on you can't see it.

1 2 ›