I know devs don't run the DbD's Wiki as they already stated, so that's why I want to ask @Peanits and @Almo if Engravings were indeed nerfed in PTB or not.
Probably it doesn't matter much, because the increased charge time should discourage usage anyway due to heat build-up. And to think they were the only add-ons I used, aside from the occasional drift king Billy. What have we become.
I don't know, but it makes sense if they did, because they did increase the base chainsaw movement speed.
It doesn't make sense as the overheat mechanic already made them really bad, as longer charge time makes you overheat faster. This nerf ( if it's true ) is overkill and makes the add-ons completely unusable.
It doesn't make sense as the overheat mechanic already made them really bad, as longer charge time makes you overheat faster. This nerf ( if it's true ) it's overkill and makes the add-ons completely unusable.
I'm taking it at face value, not everything else along with it. I agree the Overheat mechanic in it's current state is way to punishing for just playing a killer.
They stacked and gave you + 35 % Speed on your Chainsaw, so you moved at 265 % Speed. Now you will move at 240 % Speed with both of them. Before you moved at 245 % while only using the yellow one, not to mention the doubled Charge Tiime increase.
I don't get why they nerfed those, they weren't a Problem on their own.
I know devs don't run the DbD's Wiki as they already stated, so that's why I want to ask @Peanits and @Almo if Engravings were indeed nerfed in PTB or not.
Yes. They were nerfed. I don't wanna play with Billy anymore
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't know, but it makes sense if they did, because they did increase the base chainsaw movement speed.
Probably it doesn't matter much, because the increased charge time should discourage usage anyway due to heat build-up. And to think they were the only add-ons I used, aside from the occasional drift king Billy. What have we become.
It doesn't make sense as the overheat mechanic already made them really bad, as longer charge time makes you overheat faster. This nerf ( if it's true ) is overkill and makes the add-ons completely unusable.
I'm taking it at face value, not everything else along with it. I agree the Overheat mechanic in it's current state is way to punishing for just playing a killer.
they straight up murdered billy and then pissed on his grave
Excuse me, but they didn't increase his movement speed.
They stacked and gave you + 35 % Speed on your Chainsaw, so you moved at 265 % Speed. Now you will move at 240 % Speed with both of them. Before you moved at 245 % while only using the yellow one, not to mention the doubled Charge Tiime increase.
I don't get why they nerfed those, they weren't a Problem on their own.
Anything worth running on the PTB Hillbilly has a penalty tacked on. It’s why players disliked old Nurse’s add ons. Nothing just does good things.
Less likely to hit a wall? Can’t turn.
Go slightly faster (nerfed the engraving speeds)? Same slowdown on charge time.
Yellow charge time addon becomes purple? Huntress movement speed (laughably bad).
Increased turning? Hit a wall and your chase is over.
A lowly iridescent addon that makes the killer not instadown. Laughable.
The flashlight addons are an idea. I’d prefer action speed boosts in addition to a movement speed buff. Otherwise it doesn’t do anything really.
In the Hillbilly PTB with his addon rework, the engravings had a reduction in their speed increase, but kept the charge time penalty.
Yes. They were nerfed. I don't wanna play with Billy anymore
No worries. It was a good question.
Yep, they were murdered in the PTB.