I have a question.. What is doing a gen AFK mean? and how is it possible?

I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

Comments

  • Not a clue, I've never heard the term. Some context might help figure it out though.
  • it means that the killer is so trash that he might as well be AFK they would achieve the same results
  • @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

  • I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    I use the term afk rushing gens when I am truly away from my keyboard and only hold my mouse in my hand holding down m1 and occasionally M5 while stretching or eating or sth like this.

    I know it's ridiculous but playing survivor you don't even need the keyboard half of the time 
  • Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts
  • feffrey said:
    Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts
    Yeah such a nonsense I've never seen a survivor complaining about tunneling either 
  • Hexy uses the term AFK gen rushing. It's just when Survivors do gens to the ABSOLUTE exclusion of ANYTHING else. Ignoring all other aspects of the game and just running between gens.
  • @feffrey said:
    Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:

    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts

    This has to be sarcasm

    However I also admit that it became more and more difficult to distinguish sarcasm from reality in the internet.

    Please answer me if that was sarcastic or not. I genuinely couldn't understand and for some reason I care

  • feffrey said:
    Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts
    Yes they do. According to survivors: 
    Ruin= “sweaty” BBQ= “sweaty” Nurse= “sweaty” 
    Basically using any good killers/perks. 
  • feffrey said:
    Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts
    Yes they do. According to survivors: 
    Ruin= “sweaty” BBQ= “sweaty” Nurse= “sweaty” 
    Basically using any good killers/perks. 
    Yep. Hag with no Ruin, but I'm apparently "sweaty" because I use meta perks (M&A, Sloppy, MYC, and Nurse's). Never mind that if they could hear me mid-game, they'd hear me saying "nice" and similar compliments after their good plays.

    Though if I think about it I actually am sweaty. It's friggin hot here this time of year.
  • feffrey said:
    Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts
    Yes they do. According to survivors: 
    Ruin= “sweaty” BBQ= “sweaty” Nurse= “sweaty” 
    Basically using any good killers/perks. 
    Is this based off one survivor or streamer because I have not heard of this or use it myself. And the afk gen I saw on a thread last week but that is about it. 
  • feffrey said:
    Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts
    You want to not lie about Survivors Calling Killers Sweaty? I get called sweaty Tryhard all the time because I can actually play Nurse. 
  • Iceman said:
    feffrey said:
    Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts
    Yes they do. According to survivors: 
    Ruin= “sweaty” BBQ= “sweaty” Nurse= “sweaty” 
    Basically using any good killers/perks. 
    Is this based off one survivor or streamer because I have not heard of this or use it myself. And the afk gen I saw on a thread last week but that is about it. 
    I think AngryPug may have started it, but I see it a fair bit on other YouTube channels. Its a nice quick clue that I shouldn't bother watching any more of that player's videos.
  • feffrey said:
    Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts
    You want to not lie about Survivors Calling Killers Sweaty? I get called sweaty Tryhard all the time because I can actually play Nurse. 
    Hi Matt, nice to meet you.
    Maybe edit the post ;)
  • Tsulan said:
    feffrey said:
    Delfador said:

    @Luccimane1 said:
    I have no idea what AFK gen rushing is. How can you play the game while being away from your keyboard. Im not a noob and have over 3k hrs in the game and still dont know what this term/phrase is?

    It is more or less the same thing when you accuse killers to be a tunneler or camper.

    When survivors focus on repairing gens aka doing their objective, killers use this term to insult survivors in a way which doesn't make sense. You can ######### about how fast the games are but blaming survivors is just dumb.

    It is not just killers though. Survivors have their fair amount of nonsense to spit. My favorite is the term 'sweaty' which literally means that the killer tries to win the game. Apparently, it is not a good thing to do because for some reason killers need to provide entertainment for the survivors.

    Edit spelling mistake :(

    what a awful lie lol no survivor acusses a killer of being a sweaty that's absurd....
    stop with the fake nonsense and give the OP facts
    You want to not lie about Survivors Calling Killers Sweaty? I get called sweaty Tryhard all the time because I can actually play Nurse. 
    Hi Matt, nice to meet you.
    Maybe edit the post ;)
    Oh I don’t care if people know my real name. Doesn’t bother me. Appreciate the concern though.