DBDs big problem

And no, its not gen rush, or tunnelling.

And hell, its not even toxic players.

Its the objective itself. Generators are the source of all of DBDs big problems.

As we all know, generators are boring. The most boring objective in any assymetrical horror game. F13 and RE have their faults, but at least the objectives are fun, interesting, and require actual effort. And in the case of RE, map specific objectives.

Ultimately, the tediousness of generators is the root cause of people who run OoO and want to be chased by the killer. Being chased is fun. Generators are not. So I hardly blame these people for being overly aggressive, because doing gens is so boring.

So BHVR, is there ever going to be secondary objectives, or map specific objectives? Because generators themselves are the root cause of nearly all of the player related problems in the game. (Excluding hackers and exploiters of course)

Comments

  • For me personally doing gens is fun, i wouldn't play solo survivor if that's not the case.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    For me personally doing gens is fun, i wouldn't play solo survivor if that's not the case.

    I just cant hold M1 and occasionally space bar. Its so boring nowdays.

  • It is true. 4 years have passed. They should release a new game mode. repairing / patrolling generators becomes boring and begins to be a repetitive game. They should create something new, maybe that's why this game doesn't grow much. devs are only spent creating skins and dlc

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436993#Comment_1436993

    I just cant hold M1 and occasionally space bar. Its so boring nowdays.

    For me doing gens and playing stealthy is the way of life!

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436997#Comment_1436997

    For me doing gens and playing stealthy is the way of life!

    Well, Im happy for you, but getting chased is the only way to have fun as survivor

  • Idea?

    City-wide Purge style. Multiple Level Skyscaper height, jumping rooftops.

    6v24

    Killers get straight from the start, deadly weapons (no guns). 24 survivors have to find "weak weapons" such as, broken beer bottles, broken sticks, metal bars, garbage things City Folk toss in dumpsters. And the goal is to out live all until daylight. Free-For-All

    🤷‍♂️

  • Gens need different skins. Make them harder to find. It's easy to spot a gen from across the level.

    There's witchcraft and computer hacking you could do too. Survivors struggle to hold a seance for 120 seconds or something i dunno.

    Would make perks like deja vu and maps more relevant too if you couldn't finds gens easily.

  • I panic too much in a chase, normally leading to stupid mistakes. I am good on gens, I can hold a button, occasionally pressing a secondary button.

    Yes though, better objectives are needed or maybe more varied objectives per map.

    I heard about a leak of an extra bp objective but are survivors really going to search around for it. It will be a 'if I pass it I will pick it up' type thing. Just to be clear though that leak is not official just yet and may not even make it into the game.