About Keys and how I would change them

What do you do about Keys? Well.... many avoid Keys by just bringing Franklin's, tunneling/mori'ing that person or just by dodging the lobby. So survivors had an idea: Use Plunderers to find the Key in the match, so I, as killer, don't know about it. I have seen this strat many times used by 3 or 4-man SWF so they can escape while I can't do anything about it. Plunderer's is fine, but when you can get 3 Keys in a single match (I got that multiple times myself btw.), something is just wrong.

I had another idea for Keys before

@LapisInfernalis said:

Getting denied 2 or 3 kills in an else won game, because someone had a key (or found one), feels really bad. (same goes for (tunnel) Moris. I don't like them either. ) But what do against it?

I had this idea:

Keys are personal. They only open the hatch for you and it closes right after. No EGC starts.

To get more people out, you'll need an ultra rare add-on wich opens the hatch for the default 30s. If the Killer closes the hatch, EGC starts. This add-on is lost when openening the hatch.

This would at least make it impossible for multiple people to get out if one person found a key.

and got inspired by some of the comments.

So these are my suggestions for a Key rework, so that it doesn't feel so unfair and Plunderer's can't be abused to get one (or more):


SKELETON KEY

A tarnished and crooked Key, vibrating with ominous power.

  • Can be consumed to open the Hatch
  • The Hatch closes immediately after use (=for you only).
  • Does not trigger End Game Collapse.
  • Will be consumed, when escaping the trial.


DULL KEY

A bent and dull Key that holds great power. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Dull Key's power into various additional effects.

  • 10 seconds of use.
  • Reveals the Killer's Aura when within a range of 32 metres


BROKEN KEY

The bow and shank of a key, vibrating with power. The Broken Key's power cannot be triggered by itself. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Broken Key's power into various effects.

  • 10 seconds of use.


In addition to this, the following changes are needed:

  • The SKELETON KEY is no longer available in the Bloodweb. This is to prevent (mainly SWF) to bring in (multiple) Keys or a Key/Map combination.
  • The SKELETON KEY has a fixed chance (let's say 1% or whatever the vanilla chance is) to be found in a chest. This probability cannot be changed in any way (Plunderer's or similar). This is to eliminate the abuse of Plunderer's to get Keys during the match. It also makes it more special to find a Skeleton Key and escape a dire situation. This way, I wouldn't feel cheated as killer, if someone escapes via Key.
  • The BROKEN KEY is equipped with one of the following add-ons when found in chests: Eroded Token, Gold Token or Blood Amber. If you are currently not the Obsession, you can also find the Unique Wedding Ring. This way you do not feel disappointed when finding a Broken Key in a chest.

Q&A:

  • Why is the Skeleton Key personal? - So it can't be abused by SWF to get all people out.
  • Why does EGC not start after the Skeleton Key is used? - So other Survivors aren't automatically screwed because of your selfishness.
  • We are only 2 Survivors left. What happens if my mate uses the Key to get out? Can I still get hatch? - Yes. In this case, the Hatch would stay open until the Killer closes it.
  • Why give the Dull Key Aura reading? - Because I had to compensate the former power. Since being able to see the Killer's Aura inside his TR can be very powerful at jungle gyms (no mindgame possible). Imagine using Object against Freddy and being asleep. It's the same.
  • If you want Keys to get nerfed, Moris need to be nerfed as well! - Yes, I also hate tunnel Moris/Mori on 2nd hook and I want it to be changed as well. This is another story though.


What do you say?

Comments

  • 1. Where did they go? Achievement would have to get changed... Somehow.

    2. The SKELETON KEY has a fixed chance (let's say 1% or whatever the vanilla chance is) to be found in a chest

    This way, I wouldn't feel cheated as killer, if someone escapes via Key.

    Oh really? Someone having a 1/100 per chest to gain something that could just let them leave if they get it? +If a survivor uses them in 3 surv situation would screw over their team even more.

    In 2 surv not much would change if they get it.

  • @Milo said:

    1. Where did they go? Achievement would have to get changed... Somehow.

    2. The SKELETON KEY has a fixed chance (let's say 1% or whatever the vanilla chance is) to be found in a chest

    This way, I wouldn't feel cheated as killer, if someone escapes via Key.

    Oh really? Someone having a 1/100 per chest to gain something that could just let them leave if they get it? +If a survivor uses them in 3 surv situation would screw over their team even more.

    In 2 surv not much would change if they get it.

    1) I forgot about that Achievement in this one. In my other post I used an ultra rare add-on to get all out. I have no fix for this atm while keeping the Skeleton Key for in the match only.

    2) Well.... If in a 3 ppl scenario someone uses a key, there are already 4 gens done. it is possible to get the last gen done with 2 ppl left. let's say our key-user was chased when he escaped via hatch. now the killer closes the hatch and normally EGC would start. depending on the killer and the distance between the exits, you don't have a chance to get out because of the timing. 2 ppl are screwed. without the EGC those 2 could still do gens and try to escape. it was just an idea, because i hate those people who leave via hatch and then EGC ######### you up.

    I'm completely fine if someone gets a key without using plunderers and escapes with it. i don't like it if they can just all leave because they used voice chat. the vanilla chance to find it is completely fine. i don't know what percentage it is.