im am genuinely confused about the devs balance decisions
do the devs want variety? yes but do they want killers to be good? no
This is why no one plays around with perks cause if you do you lose and also why play m1 killers there is just no point in having variety in killers or perks cause if you do you get gen rushed and have no map mobility unless the survivors are 4Heads. Plz devs use the ptb more buff the ######### out of stuff on ptb killer and survivor to change the meta cause its just so ######### boring. Up survivor had ds and you get hit with it even though you dont get tunnelled. Like whats the point of playing anyone other than oni, freddy, nurse, spirit, billy(if they revert the changes but they won cause devs are clueless)
Comments
If we're talking in general, I think it's because the devs make most changes dependant on the mediocre players, people who fall in the green ranks or so. And also solo queue, because that's just what most of the playerbase is.
Aaaand the imbalance comes in red ranks and SWF as a consequence.
As for the last billy update, it was a mistake, period. A lot of addons are plain ridiculous even his 2 ultra rares. (Speed limiter my chainsaw for an injure through a pallet? I'm 5% faster when a flashlight shines on me?) and he was simple and fine in the red ranks.
They said it'd be minor changes but these are nowhere near minor.
People are continiously using the excuse "hahaha infinite saw billy is fine right?" but what in god's name am I benfiting from if I mindlessly keep chainsawing? I'm throwing the game away, not making it harder for the survivors. But some people would just use the same excuse to make the game go a bit easier for them.
I completely agree. They nerfed ruin because 80% of killers at red ranks used it but they never looked at why. I would love to change up my killer builds but I just can't for most killers as i'll get gen rushed to hell
A big problem is that neither side would be willing to step first out of the hamster wheel.
I played during the event and played killer rank 17 to 10, since I left this game for over half a year. Over half of all survivor perks were meta or second chance.
I myself don't care anymore. I stopped playing to win but to farm while providing them with excitement so they don't notice that I am a farmer (When they notice they drag the game -.-). This means hitting and hooking until death hook and if they didn't manage to finish their gens I start slugging them, so they can heal each other.
I only use BBQ consistently but the other side always expects the tunnel/camp killer with noed and so on.
Dead by daylight is a good example of why balancing around the majority of players is bad game design. It's like they think this is an MMO and not a PVP game.