The Dev’s Vigil Change Idea
I didn’t know where to post this, but balance felt like the right place. So their buff to Vigil is basically it can work for 30 more seconds after a person with it leaves the 8 meter effect range. The problem with this change is that it won’t make Vigil more used, it’d still be in the same spot it is now.
My suggestion on how to change it would be to recover exhaustion while running; or have it get a value buff (say 40%) as well as affecting more status effects (such as exposed or the new broken effect). With the regain exhaustion idea, it could apply when not in a chase (if it proves to be too unbalanced) or recover exhaustion at what it used to while running (without the 20% decrease).
Those are my thoughts on the matter and I hope Vigil gets buffed more than just the “last’s longer” thing.
My suggestion on how to change it would be to recover exhaustion while running; or have it get a value buff (say 40%) as well as affecting more status effects (such as exposed or the new broken effect). With the regain exhaustion idea, it could apply when not in a chase (if it proves to be too unbalanced) or recover exhaustion at what it used to while running (without the 20% decrease).
Those are my thoughts on the matter and I hope Vigil gets buffed more than just the “last’s longer” thing.
Comments
I like the sound of recovering exhaustion while running, but it would have to be really slow, like 10-20% of the speed it would recover if not running. It might be a little too good though, but at least recovering exhaustion while running would require a perk and thus you can create a build around it.
It wouldn't necessarily have to be slower, but it might be too much to have it decrease it more than what the cooldown used to be. That being said, I would want it to have the 20% decrease while running.
I prefer your idea.
This would make it really strong and worth a perk slot without undoing the point of the exhaustion nerf.
As a killer I would be totally fine with that