Black Splinter: The ultra-rare add-on that changes everything

So I was about to shut down DbD last night-ish (~5am) and was looking back at my original main: The Nurse. I probably haven't played her in years at this point. Anyway, I was looking at all my unused offerings/items and spotted one I had totally forgot about called the "Black Splinter." Ultra-rare, really? Was this just a promotional thing to get people to buy the Halloween dlc? Ahh, DbD nostalgia :)


For those that don't know what this offering was:

Black Splinter

Allows you to take on the role of The Shape for the next Trial.

Comments

  • I wish they still made these. Hell, they should even make them for survivors for the archive challenges. That would be nice.

  • @PassarinoT said:

    I wish they still made these. Hell, they should even make them for survivors for the archive challenges. That would be nice.

    So, the reason I thought of this was that I've been hearing a lot about Survivors being able to tell which Killer you picked before the trial begins (and tailoring their perks). Yeah, this would definitely shake things up a bit. Although I do wish it wouldn't make you run perkless.

    Edit: I LOVE that idea for the Survivors archive challenges!

  • A great way to get around the archive problem and just in general allow people to try characters. Should really give you at least that characters teachables though.

  • Even though I buy all dlc day one I still think splinters should never have been taken out. Some people like to try new killers first, there's a lot of difference between watching a streamer play a new killer and playing them yourself. The try before you buy splinters should be brought back.

    I do like the idea mentioned above about having them for the challenges for the archives.

  • @Zoophage said:

    So I was about to shut down DbD last night-ish (~5am) and was looking back at my original main: The Nurse. I probably haven't played her in years at this point. Anyway, I was looking at all my unused offerings/items and spotted one I had totally forgot about called the "Black Splinter." Ultra-rare, really? Was this just a promotional thing to get people to buy the Halloween dlc? Ahh, DbD nostalgia :)

    For those that don't know what this offering was:

    Black Splinter

    Allows you to take on the role of The Shape for the next Trial.

    Bruh this was up until 4 months ago you good?

  • It just frustrated me when I got glass splinters because I already had the pig lol. Waste of bloodpoints :(