BHVR are you not ashamed releasing this PTB?
I had miniscule hope that the PTB Delay would change something with Billy. That BHVR would relize the bad decision and that they considered reverting the nerfs....
But NOPE. You changed nothing and it's even worse than I imagined.
His addons are even weaker WHILE you nerfed his basepower? You haven't buffed any of his addons. Engravings still increases charge time while you removed all addons which decreases charge time. I'm in a nightmare or is this just a delayed April fools joke?
This is by far the WORST patch in the history of DbD. The only patch coming into mind worse than this is when you could flashlight and pallet safe survivor at any time during the pick-up animation.
Devs, you gave Billy a bad one. And the fact you are not embarrassed and publish this PTB with pride is insane.
IMAGINE Matthew cote said "play nurse or Billy if you want to compete" and you gutted both now.
IMAGINE you said "we are happy with how Billy is performing" and you go out of your way to change him for no reason.
IMAGINE you called the Billy nerf "minimal" and it turns out be so massive that I don't want to touch him anymore.
I'm speechless. How could you do him so dirty..
Comments
yeah the first freddy nerf was completely unjustified lmao and im glad bhvr doesnt do those knee-jerk reactions anymore. my bad on saying he wasnt nerfed after though- im so used to people saying his rework made him worse i just kinda assumed.
I was trying to find posts or info that confirmed the devs were happy with the way he was. I couldn't find it, but found a few posts which stated that they were happy with his power but wanted to update his add-ons.
As survivor, Max was perfectly fine to face. If he hit an object, even the best add-on to reduce the stagger still punished him sufficiently. It takes much practice to get him right for chainsaw mind games and even then it's not guaranteed. He had good map pressure, but you could also hear him, even with a decent sound reduction.
I admit I'm at a loss as to what they were trying to achieve here. Unless there is some bizaar code they've put in that is being used for both Bubba and Max (& I can't imagine that could even be a thing) that links their chainsaws and power, I really do not get it.
On the positive side, the perk changes to Lightborn and Tinkerer are much needed. Not sure about Franklin's power of making the item disappear after a set period of time. They could perhaps change that to the object being thrown 20 metres or so in a random direction from where the survivor is downed to take some more time to find it.
However, it's strange this was considered. I did see some people earlier in the year requesting changes, and no I don't believe in this idea of the devs taking sides - there's ample evidence around to prove this. But this is definitely a mistake. Hopefully they'll realise this before the actual release, but I fear at most they'll just lengthen the time you can rev a chainsaw before cooldown.
There's the thread and the paragraph that they said it.
Maybe we're just tired of getting shafted by inept devs that dont play their own game
Thank you for finding it! This definitely adds more confusion over why they're doing this change if they seemed content with his power from both a killer and survivor perspective.
It feels to me that they could have focused more on Bubba. Plus, with the bugs surrounding Max, I'd rather them be resolved instead.
More focus on bubba, fine tuning him, adding a new chase music (get an ok from the licence holder) etc.
Bubba is much better now but I think it could have been done even better
I play dbd for 3 years now. Bugs are part dbd. I couldn't imagine a new patch without any new bugs. Dbd without bugs wouldn't feel like dbd.