Aura for DS, BT and others
The devs said in a stream when talking about Trail of Torment that they wanted players to "be aware that something happened".
Why don't killers see more auras when Survivors have triggered a positive effect as well?
We only see the aura after the fact but have no chance to actively play around it. We can only guess or pay attention if it happens during the match for the first time.
In the same way that ToT will give survivors a warning and encourage killers to be aware of the aura and try to trick survivors with it. Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, and other beneficial perk activations should be applied to survivors as well.
Survivors could then be aware of those auras and adjust their playstyle accordingly in the same way.
Killer players should also be aware when something happens in the match.
In the case of DS it would also allow killers to avoid tunneling survivors who have the "buff" active and still allow that survivor a short period of invulnerability the same way it does now.
Thoughts?
Comments
The reason for DS not having an "aura" is so when survivors dont have it the killer wont default to tunnel without consequences.
I would go so far as to say every game should have an obsession regardless of perks brought in.
Also, survivors dont get a NOED prompt until someone is downed with it active...
Survivors should always play as if NOED is a possibility. Similarly, killers should always play as if DS is a possibility.
No, a DS aura would be extremely abused. I'm not saying by any means that DS is okay, but I definitely get tunnelled way more in trials with no obsession. In fact, shout out to all the killers that DONT hardcore tunnel in those trials. If DS had an aura, literally everyone would have to run it. I still don't like the perk, I think it needs an extreme rework to remove the obvious perk abuse (I'm sorry, but free gen time and free hooks aren't "bold plays"), but having it show an indicator on a specific person when it's activated isn't a great idea.
BT aura, on the other hand, wouldn't be so bad. Like DS it exists to prevent tunelling, but unlike DS the power of the perk isn't the uncertainty it brews.
Unfortunately, you only have to look at the sheer amount of information that survivors get to know what the Devs were meaningwith that statement. Killers still have major sound issues that have been in the game since before Oni's release and actually got worse (as in more frequent) with the last patch. Fixing those issues should have been a priority. They clearly weren't.
I don’t find not having a notification a big hindrance when I play killer. I already know when none of the survivors aren’t using DS when there is no obsession. If there is an obsession, I just assume the all have it and don’t pick them up if I feel it will hinder me to take the stun. You can usual tell though when it’s active with how they play. For some reason survivors seem to think they have to use it and will get downed intentionally or hop in a locker.
As for BT, I don’t really find a few wasted swings to be that big of a game changer. If it’s not end game with a gate open, I just take the chance and smack them. If BT activates, I adjust. If not, hey they shouldn’t have made that unsafe save.
Because most killer perks take effort and a price/requirement(s), while most survivor perks just activate.
It's also why the perks without ridiculous requirements usually tend to stay on top (BBQ, Pop, Nurse's, Discordance, Corrupt, NOED, etc..)
Unlike a "gen slowdown" perk like surge, which has 5 requirements (down a survivor, with basic attack, when surge is not on cooldown, when gens are within 32m, when gens are not damaged or surged) for a reward of, wait for it. Damage and 8% regress the gens