Why did Devs remove DC penalty?

it's so frustrating for other players.

Comments

  • I’m wondering if it was intentional or a bug it’s happened accidentally before if not a bug in it being turned off maybe a bug occurred and they had to turn it off since they were all for the addition I doubt they would remove it without good reason

  • Because hacker found an exploit and banned streamers from playing.

  • @Koukdw said:

    Because hacker found an exploit and banned streamers from playing.

    Who is this? Can I see the stream?

  • It was a bug that was found where people could manually ban and increase other peoples ban time. You can check for some clips on Tru3talents stream where he finished a match and came out with a 10 minute ban, then before our very eyes it increased to 25 minutes, then an hour, than jumped all the way to a 72 hour ban.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    It was a bug that was found where people could manually ban and increase other peoples ban time. You can check for some clips on Tru3talents stream where he finished a match and came out with a 10 minute ban, then before our very eyes it increased to 25 minutes, then an hour, than jumped all the way to a 72 hour ban.

    Could you link the video please?

  • Anyone have any links to the video where this occurred?

  • It's both unfortunate and amusing at the same time, really.

    On one hand, yes more people are DCing...but on the other hand? It's quite amusing to see a rank 1 killer literally face camping, during a BP event...and then get force depipped when the entire team DC's.

  • yeah give me a sec, its a little hard to find because tru3 removed the vid from his stream log to probably not give the hacker satisfaction or because the devs told him to after he talked with them. but people did clip it.

  • @Zayn said:

    Anyone have any links to the video where this occurred?

    there you guys go. couldnt seem to imbed them but there are the links to 2 clips

  • I want to take all the devs working on this game and sit them in front of a Games Done Quick Marathon. Any of them. Anything you add, even the most innocuous and unexpected thing can and will be exploited by someone. I get it. Your hearts in the right place. You want people to finish matches, I'm right there with you...but it's just human nature. If people can get one another banned in one way or another, someone will do it. Now imagine the nameless innocent people caught up in it.

  • @Heartbound said:

    I want to take all the devs working on this game and sit them in front of a Games Done Quick Marathon. Any of them. Anything you add, even the most innocuous and unexpected thing can and will be exploited by someone. I get it. Your hearts in the right place. You want people to finish matches, I'm right there with you...but it's just human nature. If people can get one another banned in one way or another, someone will do it. Now imagine the nameless innocent people caught up in it.

    thats the thing is that people did have this happen to them and we as a community ignored them out of hand because the claim until proven was so outrageous they just came off as people who rage quit then whined about the ban.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421604#Comment_1421604

    thats the thing is that people did have this happen to them and we as a community ignored them out of hand because the claim until proven was so outrageous they just came off as people who rage quit then whined about the ban.

    People (Including me, I'm not immune) can be complete sheep. As someone who has gamed online since dial up I can tell you that even the most flawless game is not flawless until their community picks out all the bugs, and even then sometimes one bug creates more bugs when fixed. This game had legacy item issues so that should have kept people in bugfix mode but it didn't.

    They remove stuff sometimes in that vein. You used to be able to switch between survivor and killer without exiting out to the menu. It's a give and take. FORTUNATELY for this game they communicate with their fans so I have faith in its future, but they need to be able to step back and give people the benefit of the doubt. (I'm saying this as someone that has neither been banned or been affected in any way.)