Can you imagine if Survivors had Cooldowns?

"Well, their Perks have coo--"


I'm not talking about Perks.

How about we add cooldowns to the Survivors' base kit? It's only fair, seeing as how BHVR is absolutely in love with slapping Killers with cooldowns to their base kits.


How about we make it so Survivors can only hold M1 on a gen for so long before becoming "Fatigued" and having to take a breather before they can keep repairing? Don't worry, it won't be long! Just 15-20 seconds, like Killer power cooldowns! Yeah! Survivors always complain that holding M1 at gens is boring, so here you go! Forced breaks!

Oooh! Let's make it a token-based system as well, since BHVR loves that too! You have 5 tokens (one for each gen) and once you start M1'ining a gen a token is spent. Once you run out of tokens, you can't work on gens at all until you replenish the tokens by wasting some time inside lockers or something.


Oooh, oooh, ooh! Let's also make it so that vaulting windows and dropping pallets is token-based and you get a cooldown! Dropping pallets makes you "Fatigued" and vaulting makes you "Out of Breath" and there's a 15 second cooldown before you can vault/drop pallets again.


Sounds absolutely insane and detached from any basic understanding of how Survivor works, how the game works, the relative strength of characters, how maps are designed and what fun is? That's a joke, right?

Yes it is, and that's exactly how Billy Mains feel :)

Comments

  • @ZttII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421462#Comment_1421462

    How is that fair? Survivors move slower than killers, can't fight back, and have to rely on limited resources to escape a chase. By adding a stamina bar you're putting a time limit on every chase and the survivor is guaranteed to get downed. What's the point? They can literally never escape. The game is asymmetric and killers are the power role, but that doesn't mean that queuing up for survivor should imply that you're just going to get wrecked by anyone with half a brain. At the end of the day skill in the chase should still be paramount and it's up to the killer to decide whether it's worth chasing a skilled survivor at a god loop or cycling back to someone else.

    Well explain the skill it takes to run back and forth from loop to loop, and drop pallets left and right, vault through a window, vault back out, then rinse, repeat. Just hang out at the same loops because they know the killer can't catch them because of bad design unless they go into BL or have Freddy. It would mean less time to play around and be a jackass

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421473#Comment_1421473

    Well explain the skill it takes to run back and forth from loop to loop, and drop pallets left and right, vault through a window, vault back out, then rinse, repeat. Just hang out at the same loops because they know the killer can't catch them because of bad design unless they go into BL or have Freddy. It would mean less time to play around and be a jackass

    There is definitely a skill to looping a killer. Maybe not in looping you if you're not that skilled as a killer, but I can definitely tell the difference when I play killer. Some survivors are very good at looping and some are very easy to down.

    I get the idea that you don't play survivor all that often. If you did you might see the other side of the coin and how terrible the game would be if there were a stamina bar.

    That said you can always play F13. They have stamjna bars, though it's even easier to bully Jason in that game than it is to bully killers in this one, so it might not be up your alley.

  • I'm a DIE HARD killer main (check my post history - I am extremely biased)....but survivors DO have cool downs. The difference is, survivors don't have built in powers, but many perks of theirs have cool downs/limits, and all their items (which would be their equivalent of powers) have limits.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421486#Comment_1421486

    There is definitely a skill to looping a killer. Maybe not in looping you if you're not that skilled as a killer, but I can definitely tell the difference when I play killer. Some survivors are very good at looping and some are very easy to down.

    I get the idea that you don't play survivor all that often. If you did you might see the other side of the coin and how terrible the game would be if there were a stamina bar.

    That said you can always play F13. They have stamjna bars, though it's even easier to bully Jason in that game than it is to bully killers in this one, so it might not be up your alley.

    Actually I play both, and that's why I made that suggestion. If all you do is run around non-stop,vaulting this,vaulting that, there should be a stamina penalty. It's obvious there new thing is giving killers these ridiculous cool downs. I know survs has cool downs also, but there not as game breaking as the killers are. And I backed f13 from kickstarter, dominated w savini skin, then finally gave up because most rage quit against me, or I get morons as teammates that just wanna dance,do nothing and expect a free escape, or just flat out steal the car after you fix it because they Bogard the keys, and try to run everyone over. Really sad what happened to that game btw.

  • I think this is a good idea. It would discourage gen rushing, will give the survivor and incentive to do something else (i.e. distracting, totems, chests etc.), and it'll give balance to killers and survivors. I play a lot of Ghostface, and the fact i get punished if i use my power in anyway is annoying (ESPECIALLY with the long cooldown w/o addons). It doesn't matter if i down a marked survivor, or they reveal me, i lose my power. I really hope they implement something like this

1 2 ›