Devs, is the game going to work on PS5?

Sony said a few thousand games will work on PS5, is this one of them? If so can we expect any enhancements or performance improvements? When are you going to announce your PS5 and Xbox series X plans for the game?

Comments

  • The devs stated back in 2018 they'd be working on DBD for atleast another five years. This would make me assume that DBD will be coming to next gen consoles.

  • The devs stated back in 2018 they'd be working on DBD for atleast another five years. This would make me assume that DBD will be coming to next gen consoles.

  • Oh yeah I don't expect a sequel. It's likely that it's going to be backwards compatible and work on PS5 on day one. I'm just curious if there is an official position on this. And whether they intend to enhance our upgrade the game to take advantage of the new hardware.

  • The PS5 is going to be backwards compatible with PS4 games at least. Why wouldn't it be?

  • Since they are updating the graphics to keep up with more modern games, I'm gonna hazard a guess that it will eventually make it to PS5.

  • @Nicholas said:

    Oh yeah I don't expect a sequel. It's likely that it's going to be backwards compatible and work on PS5 on day one. I'm just curious if there is an official position on this. And whether they intend to enhance our upgrade the game to take advantage of the new hardware.

    You should probably watch the Anniversary stream. They showed us updated graphics coming near the end of the year. I imagine they have the new consoles in mind. It's going to be a while but I can't wait for the graphics update and all. BTW thus wasn't meant to sound rude at all. Just saying you'd learn a lot from their Anniversary stream. They showed what the graphics will look like, the lighting gets scarier, updated animations etc. I'm hype, but we have a while. We also have to realize that Behavior has backed out on a lot of things they promised aka new game mode etc.

  • Also, from what I read Sony said PS5 will 100% all PS4 games at least. I never heard anything about 3,000 or whatever.

  • @BeardedMenace said:

    Also, from what I read Sony said PS5 will 100% all PS4 games at least. I never heard anything about 3,000 or whatever.

    PS5 will be backwards compatible with a range of titles from the PS4 library.

    Last I heard they had tested at least 3,000 or 4,000 titles. However they have officially stated that not every title will necessarily work on PS5.

  • @BeardedMenace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419281#Comment_1419281

    You should probably watch the Anniversary stream. They showed us updated graphics coming near the end of the year. I imagine they have the new consoles in mind. It's going to be a while but I can't wait for the graphics update and all. BTW thus wasn't meant to sound rude at all. Just saying you'd learn a lot from their Anniversary stream. They showed what the graphics will look like, the lighting gets scarier, updated animations etc. I'm hype, but we have a while. We also have to realize that Behavior has backed out on a lot of things they promised aka new game mode etc.

    Yeah it looks amazing! I just think that by now the roadmap is already established. All the other major games have confirmed PS5 support on day one or early 2021 and they're outlining what they intend to accomplish. For example many major games are getting upgraded to 4K and 60 frames per second. What can we expect from dead by daylight on PS5?