[DEBATE] Dream world VS Real world
I've played against Freddy numerous times and recently I've been staying in the dream world as it can have it's benefits. But then again it has its drawbacks and I don't know which is more efficient.
That I know of:
Dream world (Advantages)
- Hear if Freddy is near, at a greater distance than his normal terror radius.
- Does not go invisible
Dream world (Disadvantages)
- Dream pallets spawn (Can't tell which are real or not) (MOST ANNOYING)
Although there is only one disadvantage that I know of, the pallet one annoys me the most as it faults my pallet loops and stuns.
I may of missed some, if so please inform meeee! Thank you
Comments
Aren’t actions slowed when you’re asleep? Repairing a generator seems agonizingly slow lol.
I prefer being awake. It’s so hard to pinpoint where Freddy is while asleep & it’s harder to see. But I usually just stay asleep anyway because I can’t be bothered to run across the map to get to a clock. If it’s near, I’ll go for it, but otherwise nah.
There's multiple disadvantages to being in the dreamworld.
You're susceptible to Freddy's power either snares or pallets which should already be enough to want to stay awake.
Freddy gains a quicker teleport cooldown for every survivor in the dream state.
If the Freddy is running swing chains, then for every survivor asleep they gain regression on their actions.
IMO, Freddy's terror radius inside the dream world is extremely disorientating and very hard to tell what direction he's coming from.
Overall, I always find it better to stay awake against Freddy and see very few advantages to being asleep.
Sometimes on darker maps dream world is nice because I can actually see stuff. 😂
Staying in the dream world could be the best thing a survivor could do if you think about it. Object Of Obsession will be able to see him pretty much at all times. That alone is considerable power right there and you could even use small game to have a rough idea for which pallets are fake and which are real as well.
So you cannot get snared whilst awake?
Only if Freddy has add-ons, and they got nerfed pretty hard not long ago.