Why are people like this...
First post here. I'm relatively new to DbD (318 hours at time of posting), and have heard horror stories about the community through both this forum and Reddit. Sure, I've ran into my fair share of people saying dumb things, but for the most part, I say "gg" either as survivor or killer, the other player reciprocates and moves on.
This match I was playing Huntress on Auto (Haven? Wreckers?) The one where there are 3 gens on each side and one in the middle. Anyway, I was doing my killer thing, downing people, hooking them, wash, rinse, repeat. I finally got my 5 hooks to use the mori from Devour. So, I used it. First time I've ever actually been able to use Devour as Hex's usually get cleansed quickly (I play survivor and killer about evenly, so not all my hours are on Killer... also queue times, am I right?).
In post game, I say "ggs!" to which then blue says "your a p***y". The argument goes on. I tell him that I earned it with Devour and that if I was using an iri mori then I'd understand his salt. He kept calling me trash and that I'm bad at the game. He then went on to say that I was gonna get banned and "k*s". This was the first time someone in this game told me to kill myself. Now, before all the people roll in telling me to stop being a snowflake. I get it. It's a game. People get salty. But with everything going on and the emphasis on mental health, telling someone to "k*s" is outright wrong. Call me a p***y, call me trash, tell me I'm a degenerate. Whatever. But no one should EVER say "k*s" to someone.
I went on to say that "BHVR won't ban someone for using a perk, and if anything you'll get banned for telling me to kill myself". I didn't blur names out of others as they didn't say anything and probably just left after they died. I just... it irks me to my core that people get THIS upset over a video game. Maybe I'm overreacting. I don't know. I just... have this gross feeling because of this interaction.


Comments
Lol, getting mad in 2020 from getting DH-killed.
Could be worst.
I was called a hacker by a Rank 1 because I mori'd them without a mori.
Nature of the game. It makes people super angry.
I mean, I guess I understand. But, if I get mori'd because of Devour, I know that's my fault for not looking for it. You know they have Devour if they instadown someone. I know just because I'm a particular way doesn't mean that others are, but I never get mad. I say "ggs" and move on.
Did you have Devour? I've also seen many people on forums and Reddit talk about "salty survivor mains", so using that rhetoric, maybe he's one of those and doesn't understand the perk?
Yep, and when I tried explaining it to him he proceeded to say I was hacking.
I feel like the more people play a game, the more competitive they get with it. Gradually it becomes less and less casual for them & they start taking it too seriously.
I’ve seen it happen with a lot of games. It’s unfortunate because I think taking a game too seriously can really suck the fun out of it.
If someone calls you a snowflake because you got angry someone told you to #########, please punch them in the face.
it's not something to joke about.
Dude yes! I've been just trying to farm BP's because of the event to level up survivors/killers I don't use. And SO many times as killer, I've had survivors DC and in the end game chat they say, "reported for farming. Stop ruining the game for those who are trying to play it right. Quit the game" or something to that nature. Maybe they should implement a ranked and casual? Because I don't take this game seriously. I literally just got done playing Spoopy Myers with scratched mirror. Got entity displeased because I got Deathslinger map which I don't think is too good for Spoopy Myers. At the end, they were all like "omg you scared me sh****ss" and things like that. So those games, make me smile haha.
But I agree. DbD isn't an eSport game. If you wanna be sweaty, go play something else I guess.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, but you know those people are out there.
That's just... so incredibly ridiculous. The lack of game knowledge that people have in this game (and I've seen people with 3k hours), call killers out for "hacking" when they had bbq or bitter murmur just baffles me.
As a survivor I’ve had random teammates call me things like a waste of human life just for unhooking them during second phase because the other 2 got slugged and I avoided it specifically to save that person.
Killers and survivors sometimes feel the need to “rub it in” even though the game was well mannered.
I get called every slur under the sun when I play killer and I’m a non-meta player just playing for fun. I like to try and give a good chase then let 1 or all leave happily. Not always but sometimes.
I also lose hook count sometimes and someone from a group dies and I get the slurs coming at me and told to kill myself etc
There’s chill people out there so I like exchanging ggs here and there but sometimes you’re simply damned if you do and dammed if you don’t.
Definitely submit those screenshots to bhvr and report them. They’ll get banned for at least a brief period of time
Gotta love how the survivor that complained about you (Devour Hope) had Small-Game, too! How did they not manage to find a totem using a perk that literally generates an audio cue when you look near a totem?
I literally laughed out loud.
It's actually disgusting the amount of toxicity this community has. I know there are good people out there who play the game, so I'm not saying that the whole community is toxic, but goodness...
It cracks me up to see people with this and like... 2 other games in their played games. Do you not play anything else? I mean, it's fine to "main" a game I guess, but broaden your horizons.
I'm truly sorry you've experienced that. You're definitely not a waste of a human life <3
I reported them in game. How do I report directly to BHVR?
They did find it. I saw them working on it so I went to go get them off. They literally sat on it as I was right behind them. I did proxy protect it, and they set themselves up for a 3 gen. So maybe I deserve the hate for that? *shrugs*