Maths with Autodidact!
I edited my original post to make it simpler.
I made a rough model to work out the likelihood of being able to skip certain amounts of time with max stacks of Autodidact.
This is for healing one health state
Assumptions being made:
- Base speed healing
- Base skillcheck chance (15% for healing others)
- skill checks are a dice roll each second -
https://youtu.be/pyI0huMpFcE?t=16m52s - skill checks take 1 second, from trigger sound to actually hitting it.
To skip n seconds, you need n seconds left to skip and 1 second to hit the skillcheck.
So to skip n seconds, you have 12-(n+1) seconds to do it in.
so chance of getting a skillcheck in n seconds = 1 - 0.85^( 12-(n+1) )
So the chance to skip...
at least 1s = 80.3%
at least 2s = 76.8%
at least 3s = 72.8%
at least 4s = 67.9%
at least 5s = 62.3%
at least 6s = 55.6%
at least 7s = 47.8%
at least 8s = 38.6%
at least 9s = 27.8%
9.6s = 15% (9.6s is 80% so the maximum you can skip)
Comments
That's a pretty good way to sum up the wall of text, yes.
Personally I was more interested in seeing how likely you were to get full use out of it on a base heal, and believe it or not I find a bit of number crunching fun. 8-)
It's per tick though? Though it's hard to define how they use it in the code.
For example if they use check by:
chance per second / delta (time) = chance to occur
They will roughly get the same result but not actually. There would be small difference but that's generally it.
That's what they mentioned for generator progression, so I assumed it's the same for healing mechanic.
If it was checked only every second, you could just cheese the checks by doing taping every half second. Which is not the case last time I checked.
Well, like I said if it's not seconds the whole thing is wrong.
Any idea how long a tick is, or how many ticks in a heal? without either of those I can't really get anywhere.
EDIT: I just watched the latest Dev Q&A and https://youtu.be/pyI0huMpFcE?t=16m52s so I think it might be per second.
In childish Trapper voice
Numbers hurt Trapper head. I just trap pallet instead.
Does AD work with Self Care? I mean in terms of the healing speed, I know that you can't get tokens from Self Care skill checks.
Having a hard time deciding if I want to use this perk or Deliverance as my permanent 4th perk for my NM/BT/Resil build.
No it doesn't, that's in the description of the perk
Also Resilience cuts heals to 11 seconds, removing one dice roll.
With resillience your chance of skipping:
at least 1s = 76.8%
at least 2s = 72.8%
at least 3s = 67.9%
at least 4s = 62.3%
at least 5s = 55.6%
at least 6s = 47.8%
at least 7s = 38.6%
at least 8s = 27.8%
at least 9s = 15%
9.6s = 0%
(9.6s is 80% so the maximum you can skip)
You literally can't skip 9.6 seconds on a normal heal, there's 11 seconds, 1 second to get a dice roll, 1 second to hit the skillcheck, only 9 seconds left.