Is Franklin's viable as a standard perk?

I love it, cause it's funny to watch someone drop that skeleton key, but does it really help?

Comments

  • Current franklin's or the new one that just got announced? Because the current one is really not worth it unless you want to be dropping their item a lot, they can still get a key and use it even if it's out of charges as far as I know.

    The new one sounds slightly worse but I can't say until the ptb.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Current franklin's or the new one that just got announced? Because the current one is really not worth it unless you want to be dropping their item a lot, they can still get a key and use it even if it's out of charges as far as I know.

    The new one sounds slightly worse but I can't say until the ptb.

    The new one is better, because the Item will actually disappear eventually. However, this will mostly affect Solo Players. In general, I think Franklins is an annoying Perk, but it got better IMO.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409753#Comment_1409753

    The new one is better, because the Item will actually disappear eventually. However, this will mostly affect Solo Players. In general, I think Franklins is an annoying Perk, but it got better IMO.

    I believe you, I really haven't think of a way to use new franklins, I will try to find new ways to use it.

    And yeah, current Franklin's is annoying to play against, I was doing the blind challenges and every match I was getting Franklin

  • no, unless you can afford to literally body block a key from being picked up, but it becomes a meme strategy at this point.

  • Use it on hag. No one will ever get his item back.

  • I hide my keys so I never usually waste them. If I die I tell my team where I hid the key.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Use it on hag. No one will ever get his item back.

    Yes trap killers will be able to use this perk effectively. They can just trap the item and wait for it to vanish or reap the rewards of survivors going for it.

    On all other killers, I guess you could. It wouldn't be useful every game and even the ones you can use it in it probably won't be a game changer.

  • The current one is helpful if Survivors rely on their items or have a really powerful one. The new one is going to destroy items on the ground in 90 seconds.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409759#Comment_1409759

    Actually, I thought the reverse.

    I speculate this will screw SWF more, and here’s my thought process.

    Franklin’s will now show the item aura to the killer, giving the killer another point of interest on the map to potentially find easy downs. If this is say a key, those survivors are probably going to be desperately communicating how to coordinate picking that key up before it’s gone for good in 90 seconds. And it looks like on new Bubba that trying to retrieve a dropped item that Bubba can more easily guard will lead to some tense moments.

    I thought that the person who lost the Item will be in a chase for a while, so for SWF it would be easier to get the Item back, because they can tell tehir friends were it is.

    But your point is true as well. I guess if the Killer decides to defend the dropped Item, it can really be gone after those 90 seconds. Which could be a huge thing when it comes to Keys.