Hey BHVR, well done with the new update <3. You're going in the right direction

First of all I'd like to thank you for listening to the community, every single change in this patch shows it. I'm starting to feel some communication between the Developers & Balance Team and the community compared to earlier updates.

Leatherface has been a hot topic in terms of his semi non-existent viability without specific builds or addons, and seeing this update reassures me that you are listening.


The perk changes, I LOVE THEM, maybe the favorite part of this update. It's about time we see some changes to rarely used perks, perhaps this is an attempt to switch up the meta and allow for variety, and you know what, you've done it. Knock Out is much scarier now and Lightborn obliterates some of the unfun organized SWFs. Same goes for the 2 other perks but I wanna keep this short.

I'd sure I'm not the only one who agrees that we'd love to see more perk changes / reworks to the weaker perks such as Mindbreaker or Stakeout. KEEP GOING IN THIS DIRECTION


The add-on changes to Hillbilly and LF, It was brought up in Otz's add-on review video (regarding the weirder rarity structure for the older killers) and you've also listened, I'm excited to have a look at all the new add-ons we've got in the armory this Tuesday, finally ultra-rares :)


Billy's new mechanic encourages taking advantage of every single moment of the chainsaw usage. Judging from the video it doesn't seem like that big of a nerf but rather to prevent overuse of the chainsaw. The cooldown time looks to be around 20 seconds or so from the rate it was going at, perhaps a bit too much but I guess we'll have to see for ourselves in the PTB.


THANKS FOR THE NEW HIT REGISTRATION SYSTEM AND THE TICKRATE INCREASE <3, hopefully this gets rid of the frequent unfair hits through pallets/windows which has also been a hot topic, keep it up.

Comments

  • I will be very critical of any Hill Billy changes.

  • You're congratulating them when it could be terrible.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    You're congratulating them when it could be terrible.

    From what I'm seeing they listened and made changes that were wanted.

    Props to them, if it goes terrible they could always change it from the PTB to release.

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    I will be very critical of any Hill Billy changes.

    I know it's sad to see a viable killer go down this road, all I can hope for before testing the PTB is that it's just not as bad as Nurse's blink recharge change, which noticeably made a lot of people stop maining her.

  • Everyone already knows the current state of dedicated servers, so how much increasing the tick rate to 60 has yet to be seen, for one.

    Second, this game was designed around P2P and giving the killer hit priority, therefore giving the servers priority will mean that if the killer has a slightly higher ping to the servers than the survivors on it, a lot of hits that should probably realistically hit may not hit. No one is going to be happy if you swing and your swing just gets eaten by air or something.

    So, I'll call it a good thing if it works well and there really isn't any drastic differences between slightly higher pings between survivors and killers

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    Everyone already knows the current state of dedicated servers, so how much increasing the tick rate to 60 has yet to be seen, for one.

    Second, this game was designed around P2P and giving the killer hit priority, therefore giving the servers priority will mean that if the killer has a slightly higher ping to the servers than the survivors on it, a lot of hits that should probably realistically hit may not hit. No one is going to be happy if you swing and your swing just gets eaten by air or something.

    So, I'll call it a good thing if it works well and there really isn't any drastic differences between slightly higher pings between survivors and killers

    A double tickrate is a massive difference you can watch a CS:GO vid on it for comparision cause that's the closest thing I can give you.

    As for the hit validation, I just hope it works as intended (revoke BS hits for like 200+ ping) rather than completely negate hits because of tiny 20ping differences or so.