So about that Gearhead...

I know it’s been awhile, but I remember in the PtB that Gearhead was actually useful and then it was severely nerfed and now it’s been thrown away like so many other killer perks.

I just wanted to know why, I remember some topics asking the devs but I never caught wind of the final reason. Did they ever say? It perplexes me to this day. I personally didn’t see which part of it was very strong, but I do know they may have nerfed it too hard.

Comments

  • It never was very strong. And in its current state, basically not worth running at higher ranks since there's so many better options for tracking. Even surveillance imo.

  • I'll be back with the awnser in a minute as to why they changed it. It was on the Q&A stream.

  • @Cheers said:

    I'll be back with the awnser in a minute as to why they changed it. It was on the Q&A stream.

    Great, I wouldn’t know where to look, appreciate the effort.


  • @CrowFoxy said:

    It never was very strong. And in its current state, basically not worth running at higher ranks since there's so many better options for tracking. Even surveillance imo.

    Bruh don't diss my boy surveillance like that, it's such an underrated perk.

    @Deathslinger said:

    I know it’s been awhile, but I remember in the PtB that Gearhead was actually useful and then it was severely nerfed and now it’s been thrown away like so many other killer perks.

    I just wanted to know why, I remember some topics asking the devs but I never caught wind of the final reason. Did they ever say? It perplexes me to this day. I personally didn’t see which part of it was very strong, but I do know they may have nerfed it too hard.

    AFAIK they said it didn't match their vision for the perk and so changed it accordingly.

  • They felt that the active durations on the perk were too long and therefore gave too much information. They also wanted to provide the survivors with a way to counter the perk by hitting great skill checks.

    That's what I found on one of Fibijean's posts about the Q&A stream.

  • Okay. Well I guess now I understand the why, I just don’t agree with it. Thanks again~

  • Yeah gearhead seemed like a fun perk to track gens instead of thrilling, but then they, well, nerfed it badly.