Disappointment Thy Name Is Pyramid Head

STOP! Stop right there! This isnt a thread complaining about no aura on cages so just chill.

Why there is disappointment from me and I guess just overall sadness is that I feel like it's becoming common place to nerf a killer right after release and it just bums me out. Again this isnt about the cages, the nerf could have been anything and I'd still be a bit bummed out. I cant remember the last time a killer was buffed after release or after the ptb. Demogorgon maybe? It's just really frustrating to spend my hard earned cash on something that im super excited for and then it gets made arguably worse after release.

I dont even use PH in the way that he was nerfed for since I feel like hes strongest in a hit and run playstyle like windstorm wraith which is what I main in the first place. It's just disheartening to always have a hotfix come out after a killer release and see the word "removed" or "Nerfed" or any word with a negative connotation towards the new killer that I just bought the chapter for because whether I like it or not I love and am addicted to this game. It makes me feel like I wasted my money or hell even my time.

This really isnt even about PH its about this common practice of nerfing after release, makes me nervous to even put money down on new killers or survivors I might like because I'm scared that the thing im paying for wont stay the same for long, like perks, or how powers work. It's all so sad.

Comments

  • This change won't affect PH players who want to play normally. They literally only affect Pyramid head players who wanted to camp. It's an ability that negates a ton of perks on survivors. I don't like that they removed the aura of the cages but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day if you aren't camping or tunneling.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    This change won't affect PH players who want to play normally. They literally only affect Pyramid head players who wanted to camp. It's an ability that negates a ton of perks on survivors. I don't like that they removed the aura of the cages but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day if you aren't camping or tunneling.

    its not about the actual nerf man, I dont know how to get it across any more clearly that it just bums me out to buy something then 2 weeks later see words that imply a downgrade. again I dont play him that way since hes best at multitasking multiple survivors like wraith but it still bums me out.

  • Ghostface was buffed to the max during and after PTB.

    Pyramid was nerfed because *certain people* wanted to abuse the cage mechanic, you should blame them and not BHVR.

    It's also no fault but your own if you decided to spend money on a live game. No one told you to fork over your cash, no one told you X character will never be nerfed. It's like wanting a refund for Mettle of Man nerf, it deserved to be nerfed, as did the cage mechanic.

    It's not sad, it's reality. 'Wake Up!'

    Wake Up.png


  • @Mat_Sella said:

    Ghostface was buffed to the max during and after PTB.

    Pyramid was nerfed because *certain people* wanted to abuse the cage mechanic, you should blame them and not BHVR.

    It's also no fault but your own if you decided to spend money on a live game. No one told you to fork over your cash, no one told you X character will never be nerfed. It's like wanting a refund for Mettle of Man nerf, it deserved to be nerfed, as did the cage mechanic.

    It's not sad, it's reality. 'Wake Up!'

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7R9L492BD05N/wake-up.png

    1. ghostface was before demogorgon so I covered this yeah?
    2. No character will stay the same forever that is true, im saying that I hope that in the future content will be better balanced before release instead of after so that I dont feel like my money wasnt worth all that much.
    3. don't be rude.