Prestiging with event items

When prestiging a character I think all event items and offerings should be kept as they cannot be replaced, im currently trying to prestige my main, ash, but I want to keep my event items

Comments

  • Then dont prestige or use them before you prestige.

    What do you think is the purpose of prestige then?

  • @ThePolice said:

    When prestiging a character I think all event items and offerings should be kept as they cannot be replaced, im currently trying to prestige my main, ash, but I want to keep my event items

    You should have prestiged earlier you had at least a month before the event came out

  • @ThePolice said:

    When prestiging a character I think all event items and offerings should be kept as they cannot be replaced, im currently trying to prestige my main, ash, but I want to keep my event items

    unfortunatly u cant

  • @FablPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/166623/prestiging-with-event-items

    You should have prestiged earlier you had at least a month before the event came out

    It's about the past events too. I have third year party streamers that are impossible to get now and I don't want to prestige to lose them. This game is either "be a collector or a completionist", you can't be both even though I want to be.

  • @FablPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/166623/prestiging-with-event-items

    You should have prestiged earlier you had at least a month before the event came out

    I'm having this dilemma right now with killer. I prestige three'd fourteen killers before the anniversary event. I still want to prestige the remaining killers (working on Hag, now), but by the time I get to level fifty of my respective prestige, I have thirty plus gateaus. Thing is I only need maybe nine or ten to get a million points to prestige her, but then I'm giving up on another two million in bloodpoints so I have an urge to use all thirty on her and use them to level up my prestiged characters (getting perks, addons, and offerings).

    But my impatience makes me want to just prestige her and move on to the next killer.

    I think it's this kind of thought process that the OP is lamenting over. I'd like it if event offerings stayed over, but I understand prestige comes with a penalty and that reset is part of the difficulty in doing it.

  • I don't think it would be a huge blow to the prestiging system if event/discontinued items and offerings stayed when prestiging. However, knowing BHVR, we know the likely answer: cOnSiSTenCy.

  • @chase131119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1394764#Comment_1394764

    It's about the past events too. I have third year party streamers that are impossible to get now and I don't want to prestige to lose them. This game is either "be a collector or a completionist", you can't be both even though I want to be.

    If you want get set a reliable friend so they can save it for you ( trade it to them in a trial whilst they equip a white Ward for Maximum Protection) afterwards

    You prestige and then have them give it back to you whilst you use a white Ward ensure that you don't lose it.

    To avoid having to do this repeatedly just wait until you hear prestige three before taking the item back