Discordance or PGTW?

Both are very good perks for obvious reasons, but if you had no map pressure, which one would you go with?

Comments

  • Pop. I can get hooks. Discordance is nice. But it doesn't help nearly as much as Pop.

  • Its actually really good to run both. Bbq, discordance and pop work amazing together.

  • Depends on the killer. For nearly all of em, Pop.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    Its actually really good to run both. Bbq, discordance and pop work amazing together.

    I actually run all three of those along with monitor and abuse on my Freddy. But I keep going back and forth between what I want to use for my Bubba. I'm using nemesis, play with your food, and BBQ for the bloodpoints, but I can't decide on whether to use discordance or PGTW. I don't have ruin so there's no way to slow the game down so pop would be a great alternative to that, but at the same time knowing when more than one survivor is on a gen would help immensely.

  • Pop. Very good survivors will split up as much as possible so you may never get any decent use out of Discordance. With Pop you should nearly always get several good uses.

    Discordance is still a good perk overall but Pop is much more likely to tip the odds in your favor.

  • They do different things. But I would say Pop.

  • And pop wins in a landslide! ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks everyone!

  • Depends on which Killer you run. Pop is good in general, but Discordance is good for tracking with stealth Killers. I usually run either Discordance or Surveillance on Doctor and PH. I prefer Surveillance though. Discordance isn't always reliable.

  • You can run both since they dont cover the same area, one is for detection and the other stalling, they wont step on eachother toes.

    If you must run only one I believe Pop is better since stalling is usually better than detection unless you are playing a high mobility killer like Spirit, Hillbilly or Nurse, and even on those stalling is also very very good.

  • I would prefer Pop if i own it.. But i don't, so i'm stuck with discordance

  • totally different perks i dont get the point. but i havent tried a BUILD without POP in a while, pop is so good it saved my last gen many times and carried me a couple games aswell. disscordance can be good on certain killers.

  • If you have trouble find survs discordance. Best way BBQ and pop you see them anyway

  • Depends on the killer, but you specifically said "if you have no map pressure" so I assume we're excluding high mobility killers, in which case Pop.


    Discordance is a good perk for killers who do have map pressure, killers who can act and respond really quickly with that kind of information to traverse the map right away. Killers like Freddy, Hillbilly, Oni, Spirit, Demo, Legion, Nurse, etc.

    It's also really good for Stealth killers too, who might not be able to apply pressure right away, but can use the information of who's where to their advantage and easily sneak up maybe even grab survivors off said generator. So Ghostface, Wraith, Myers, Pig, etc.

    Hell, ranged killers can benefit from discordance too. So add Huntress and Deathslinger to that list (Huntress can obviously hit long ranged shots, Deathslinger can use perks to reduce his terror radius and sneak up closer without them noticing to make his shots)


    And while that is indeed a lot of characters (that's why it's a good perk) PGTW can be used on everyone I just listed and everyone else because it slows down a gen. rush. And that's something which cannot be overstated

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Depends on the killer, but you specifically said "if you have no map pressure" so I assume we're excluding high mobility killers, in which case Pop.

    Discordance is a good perk for killers who do have map pressure, killers who can act and respond really quickly with that kind of information to traverse the map right away. Killers like Freddy, Hillbilly, Oni, Spirit, Demo, Legion, Nurse, etc.

    It's also really good for Stealth killers too, who might not be able to apply pressure right away, but can use the information of who's where to their advantage and easily sneak up maybe even grab survivors off said generator. So Ghostface, Wraith, Myers, Pig, etc.

    Hell, ranged killers can benefit from discordance too. So add Huntress and Deathslinger to that list (Huntress can obviously hit long ranged shots, Deathslinger can use perks to reduce his terror radius and sneak up closer without them noticing to make his shots)

    And while that is indeed a lot of characters (that's why it's a good perk) PGTW can be used on everyone I just listed and everyone else because it slows down a gen. rush. And that's something which cannot be overstated

    That's true, that's a good way to look at it. I was going back and forth on these perks for Bubba, and since Bubba isn't a fast-moving killer, pop would probably be better.

  • Going to change killer by killer

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1393027#Comment_1393027

    That's true, that's a good way to look at it. I was going back and forth on these perks for Bubba, and since Bubba isn't a fast-moving killer, pop would probably be better.

    Yeah, I would say so as well.