Today's Strength: The Deathslinger
For an explanation on what "strength" entails for these polls, please refer to the first entry of this series: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1337293
For this example, we got: The Deathslinger
How good do you rate him at sacrificing all 4 Survivors?
Tagged:
Trusted

Comments
Don't really feel like there's anything special to say about him.
Y'all can probably do that, i'll just put him here.
I haven't played too much with him but I think he has 4k potential if you 1. Have good aim and are lucky with the hitboxes and 2. Aren't playing against an objective SWF lobby. Overall he has the ability to put pressure and end chases fairly quickly on the right maps. Not a top tier killer but not god awful either.
So far DS has been no trouble. But then again I just recently started getting something else than green rank or lower killers.
He has his flaws and he has his strengths but overall in the grand scheme of things a pretty decent killer. If you've got the aim he can be almost impossible to escape from
Pros:
Cons:
I'll be honest, Caleb is hard to judge. If you're like me and can't aim very well (and forget about quick-scoping), he's weak. But if you can aim (and are god-like with quick-scopes), he's terrifying. Plus, he has that stupid terror radius. Because of that, I'll rate him at a high 6.
He's painfully average.
I'd say that he's pretty decent on the majority of maps, but he can't really do a ton on others. Autohaven is by far his best set of maps, however he struggles more than average on any map that's relatively large, with Fractured being arguably his worst map.
Quick Scopes and good maps can make him a force to be reckoned with, but his slow speed and lack of map pressure allows him to be walked over by competent survivors, especially if communication and OoO are involved.
I'm not that experienced with him as I've just got back from a 6 month break, but my experience so far has been this; his power is decent, but seems like a lot of slow work just to get a basic hit with essentially no real benefit. "Deep Wounds" is vastly overrated by the devs. Compared to other similar killers like Huntress, I also find he's weak to most of the survivors' basic tools. Where Huntress capitalises on pallets, Deathslinger is crippled by them because attempting a shot can just easte your own time without even injuring the survivor you hit.
Combined with basically 0 map pressure, slow movement speed. All I really see in the plus columns is pseudo-stealth, while real stealth killers get better benefits.