Ebony Memento Mori
I came across a rather sketchy player and I legit thought he was cheating since he was killing everyone within 30 seconds of the game starting, no crap either. So I wanted to see his perks to see if it's a legit perk or offering to use, and sure enough it was. From what I read, you can only kill survivors who have been hooked. I wasn't hooked at all the entire game and he finishes me off. That can't be legit, my first time getting down and I die? I'm thinking he tampered with his game a bit.
Comments
Were you the obsession, as he could have been using rancor. He also could have been using devour hope.
If neither of them I'm pretty certain he was cheating.
Edit: Also if it was a Pyramid head then he can mori you after being in a cage.
there are a few ways to kill a survivor without having to hook them first.
one would be the Cypress Memento Mori, as it will allow the killer to kill the last remaining survivor in the trial with no additional requirements.
another one would be Devour Hope, which allows the killer to kill and instadown a survivor when a certain hook save threshold is met. this perk however requires these unhooks to happen far away from the killer and is bound to a totem, so its destroyable. however, once he reaches 5 unhooks, he can go and kill whoever he sees.
the third option would be rancor, though this perk only works when the 5th generator is repaired and only on the obsession.
i believe thats all the options there are at the moment.
the thing you are describing seems to be a fully stacked Devour Hope play - if he didnt have that perk equipped, i dont know what happened (maybe you did get hooked, but forgot it later down the line? dunno)
I was not the obsession and the killer was the hag. And the only thing I saw they had at the end of the match was the offering Ebony Mori. It just didn't make sense to me. I'm still newish so I'm not sure if it's a cheater or just a really overpowered offering.
As far as I remember he had just the offering. And I don't believe I was ever hooked. I mean, I was buzzin a little so maybe lol.
that was probably devour then, if you were against a hag.