Is legacy back?

So hello guys! After reading some patch notes I discovered this line of text and I'm a bit confused.

legacy.png

Does that mean that legacy items are back, and if so are they obtainable the old way?

~Danitu69

Comments

  • This is saying that they are not giving legacy out at all.

  • @Kaethela said:

    This is saying that they are not giving legacy out at all.

    I feel confused about the last 3 rows of text. Why apologize to players who have farmed legacy if you're not returning them?

  • @Danitu69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383709#Comment_1383709

    I feel confused about the last 3 rows of text. Why apologize to players who have farmed legacy if you're not returning them?

    They gave out event exclusive cosmetics to everyone. This is saying they will not do the same for legacy. Some folks lost them due to bugs so the devs are saying they aren't handing them out to everyone.

  • @Danitu69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383709#Comment_1383709

    I feel confused about the last 3 rows of text. Why apologize to players who have farmed legacy if you're not returning them?

    Because if Legacy users have lost their items, they wont get it back either.

  • @Kaethela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383717#Comment_1383717

    They gave out event exclusive cosmetics to everyone. This is saying they will not do the same for legacy. Some folks lost them due to bugs so the devs are saying they aren't handing them out to everyone.

    Won't that hurt more the community from 2016 than just giving the opportunity to get them to everyone? Not giving them away, at least giving players like me, who haven't had a chance at playing in 2016 an opportunity. I know that they are special, because the game was small then and the community had to be awarded for it's loyalty and all but won't not giving them to players who lost them hurt them more in the long run? Imagine grinding a whole week for 1 legacy item or so( I don't know how hard it was) just so it can just disappear.

  • @Danitu69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383724#Comment_1383724

    Won't that hurt more the community from 2016 than just giving the opportunity to get them to everyone? Not giving them away, at least giving players like me, who haven't had a chance at playing in 2016 an opportunity. I know that they are special, because the game was small then and the community had to be awarded for it's loyalty and all but won't not giving them to players who lost them hurt them more in the long run? Imagine grinding a whole week for 1 legacy item or so( I don't know how hard it was) just so it can just disappear.

    Your right about some points. They were given to loyal players but not because they just played the game. The blood web back then was way grindier than it is now. Players who prestiged back then during that blood web were given legacy once the blood web was changed. Legacy will never come back unless we have a much grindier blood web. We should be happy we even get the bloody outfits for prestiging. Be happy with what you got and dont say its not fair as thats just an excuse for wanting something you didnt earn. Its simple if you didnt earn it you shouldnt have it.

  • are you askng us to read the text and explain it to you? isn't it easier if you read it?

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383717#Comment_1383717

    Because if Legacy users have lost their items, they wont get it back either.

    @Danitu69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383724#Comment_1383724

    Won't that hurt more the community from 2016 than just giving the opportunity to get them to everyone? Not giving them away, at least giving players like me, who haven't had a chance at playing in 2016 an opportunity. I know that they are special, because the game was small then and the community had to be awarded for it's loyalty and all but won't not giving them to players who lost them hurt them more in the long run? Imagine grinding a whole week for 1 legacy item or so( I don't know how hard it was) just so it can just disappear.

    Imagine, a company removes all exclusives by giving them to everyone. Wether it was due to a bug loss or you couldnt earn it because the system has changed. Fair for all.

    Except, legacy. Wait, it's because they "earned it before the system was changed". Fair enough, one could argue.

    Well, at least they can give back legacy to everyone who lost it right? If it was so hard to earn and so old, only certain dated accounts could even be eligible. Nope. No legacy return.

    What about just all accounts get legacy, so nobody missed out or is screwed due to a bug you "cant" fix or replace, when simply giving it to any account that existed before the cutoff date would be an easy blanket fix for those that lost theirs.


    So as opposed to just giving the only last exclusive, and removing all exclusives like they said, also fixing bugs that cost others to lose their earned legacy, they want to keep it because of a reason that also applies to the event items.

    It's horrible for the community at this point, because of their own logic.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383725#Comment_1383725

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383752#Comment_1383752

    Imagine, a company removes all exclusives by giving them to everyone. Wether it was due to a bug loss or you couldnt earn it because the system has changed. Fair for all.

    Except, legacy. Wait, it's because they "earned it before the system was changed". Fair enough, one could argue.

    Well, at least they can give back legacy to everyone who lost it right? If it was so hard to earn and so old, only certain dated accounts could even be eligible. Nope. No legacy return.

    What about just all accounts get legacy, so nobody missed out or is screwed due to a bug you "cant" fix or replace, when simply giving it to any account that existed before the cutoff date would be an easy blanket fix for those that lost theirs.

    So as opposed to just giving the only last exclusive, and removing all exclusives like they said, also fixing bugs that cost others to lose their earned legacy, they want to keep it because of a reason that also applies to the event items.

    It's horrible for the community at this point, because of their own logic.

    Honestly, I am kinda up for opening legacy for everyone. Right now, its either split in hackers, or people who've been granted a shitton of bloodpoints back in the day.

    I mean, I lost my legacy, gained 30 million bloodpoints to relevel all characters I "lost" progress for. Once I got my p3 and p1 characters back again, I still had 20 million bloodpoints leftover. Ended up leveling some killers to lvl 50 and spend the rest on getting all survivors lvl 40 to unlock the perks I wanted to use.

    So in short, 95% of people who own legacy, didnt really work for it. They either are hacking it in, or were granted millions of bloodpoints. Only a tiny percentage of people who got legacy actually got it on their own. So I am all up for freeing the legacy skins for everyone. I mean, like the crown, it only is easier for killers to spot survivors with. There are other skins I like much more than the legacy skins in general. Much more money, time and energy has been put into the newer skins than into the legacy skins anyway.

  • @Danitu69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383724#Comment_1383724

    Won't that hurt more the community from 2016 than just giving the opportunity to get them to everyone? Not giving them away, at least giving players like me, who haven't had a chance at playing in 2016 an opportunity. I know that they are special, because the game was small then and the community had to be awarded for it's loyalty and all but won't not giving them to players who lost them hurt them more in the long run? Imagine grinding a whole week for 1 legacy item or so( I don't know how hard it was) just so it can just disappear.

    They might as well just give a nice charm for it at this point. I rather have an extremely cool looking charm that looks cool on all skins and survivors rather than a slightly more visible version of p3.

  • Give legacy away FFS. If they can give away exclusives that cost almost thousands to everyone they can giveaway legacy for free.