Dead 'ard

I've been playing A LOT since the silent hill chapter and i started to notice things. When trying to time dead hard to a killer attack it never works. As soon as you see them going for an attack it will activate, but you will still go down in the middle of your dash, you need to activate it before they start to swing. On a similar note you will miss skill checks if you try and hit them on time, you have to time it slightly before hand. Also nurses blink doesn't work. Deathslinger misses shots that are dead on. I often get hit on the other side of pallets

I used to think the people crying about console optimization were just silly because i assumed they meant like the frame rate (I am a fake gamer i know) but after spending a lot of time playing both sides i think I'm starting to understand their point lol

Comments

  • Platform? If PC: disable Vsync (for the skillchecks)

    about dead hard: well, its currently not in your favor bc of how the server works. Currently the hit detection is killer sided, so that you dead hard but the killer already swung at you. While you're in your dead hard animation already, the killer has priority and it counts as a hit. Basicly you have to dead hard even earlier or use it for distance.


    //edit

    didnt noticed the console part, my bad.

  • @Fiv55 said:

    Platform? If PC: disable Vsync (for the skillchecks)

    about dead hard: well, its currently not in your favor bc of how the server works. Currently the hit detection is killer sided, so that you dead hard but the killer already swung at you. While you're in your dead hard animation already, the killer has priority and it counts as a hit. Basicly you have to dead hard even earlier or use it for distance.

    Yeah I was talking about console optimization but like i said i don't even know what that really means. I assumed these were console specific problems from watching people play on PC on YouTube but for all i know that's just how the game is lol

  • It's always been its strongest for distance at a loop, but especially now, since dedicated servers went live. If you're trying to time it to dodge a hit, and you're successful, that's luck.

  • @JimPickens said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383751#Comment_1383751

    Yeah I was talking about console optimization but like i said i don't even know what that really means. I assumed these were console specific problems from watching people play on PC on YouTube but for all i know that's just how the game is lol

    damn I didnt see the console part, sorry

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383751#Comment_1383751

    Just disable V-sync

    You need to go into settings, advanced opti-.... wait....

    There's no option to disable V-sync and devs made it so you can't edit the files too much, darn, unlucky

    you can still disable vsync via game files. Some edits are still allowed as well as necessary to save your settings (like sensitivity, language etc)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383751#Comment_1383751

    Just disable V-sync

    You need to go into settings, advanced opti-.... wait....

    There's no option to disable V-sync and devs made it so you can't edit the files too much, darn, unlucky

    Must have been to bring you guys in line with console