Mori after first hook bad?

FB89281A-28C4-4882-9E91-10BDC07C5752.jpeg

Every time I use a mori in game i mori 2 survivors, hook the 3rd and look for last and either hook them or mori them. After one is gone the game slows down to a nice pace.I get that being the first player to die 2 or 3 minutes in would suck but is there technically a reason why I should let a survivor live? Other than to get more points(I run bbq so I get an ok amount each game). Killers objective is to kill the survivors so I don’t get it when people get mad that the killer won’t let them live.

Comments

  • Survivors will do their tome challenge to stun and blind you 50 times, but oh no killer does his one daily that requires him to use an offering and mori someone and you get hated on.

    same thing diff day

  • Got Mori'd off the first hook last night. BHVR sucks for this.


    You give someone the power to:

    depip someone in 5 minutes (so effing stupid)

    ruin the game

    I say this about keys too. Get rid of them. How much does a community have to complain about these items before something is done?

  • If you want to use them knock yourself out, nobody's stopping you. They're in the game for a reason: for you to have the option of using them. If you want to Mori everyone off first hook and end the match in 5 minutes go for it, but don't expect anyone to say anything nice and don't make thread number 5381 outing survivors who sent you a message about it because it's uncalled for, not to mention it creates another dumpster fire of a thread that only accentuates the point that this forum's treated like a joke.

  • I can see that certain users are going for the gold in mental gymnastics.

    Bringing a mori doesn't make you bad, nor is it "unfair."

    Use whatever you want, however you want, so long as you have fun :3

  • @P1P3DS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384880#Comment_1384880

    Yeah I know you're a killer main, all your post are about survivors or complaining about them, that was obvious.

    And if you're fine with ebony mori, than you should be fine too with keys and gen speed.

    I am fine with keys, but gen speed is a lil bit unbalanced

  • @SpookyStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384554#Comment_1384554

    You forgot the part "for whoever can make it to the hatch in time.". Which still begs the unanswered question of does the Survivor community also call out their own who ditch their teammates to get slaughtered? I mean, yes, you bring up a valid point: Well progressed match, more points than dying 2 minutes in but, still a shady move to take off without the others or only inform a select few of the option to escape. I mean, maybe there's just an inherent self serving side to the Survivor role that I'm unaware of as an outsider? I'm only able to call it as it looks from my perspective. Keep in mind; I'm NOT invalidating the aggression towards Killers who 4K mori in 5 minutes or whatever, simply asking if that "######### you, got mine" minority of your community is ever policed as well.

    Side note: has there ever been a record of hatches working differently? I ask because you mentioned the 3 gen, 2 deaths rule for hatch but I have played games where it was opened with all 4 alive.(See my above mention of 3 ditching 1 scenario). Did I come across some kind of hack or bug? I play on Switch so I genuinely don't know if that's possible not.

    The formula for hatch opening is that the hatch will spawn when the number of gens done is one more than the number of survivors left alive. So with 2 dead, 3 gens need to be done. For the hatch to spawn with 4 survivors still alive, all 5 gens need to be done.

  • @Raccoon said:

    I can see that certain users are going for the gold in mental gymnastics.

    Bringing a mori doesn't make you bad, nor is it "unfair."

    Use whatever you want, however you want, so long as you have fun :3

    I mean, you can believe whatever you want regarding moris making you "bad", but to say that they're fair is absolutely laughable. It's like saying old BNPs that instantly finished gens were fair.

  • I wonder how many people who are fine with Mori's because they're 'rare' were fine with the old version of BNP's that instantly finish a generator.

  • @KnotEnthusiast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1386210#Comment_1386210

    I mean, you can believe whatever you want regarding moris making you "bad", but to say that they're fair is absolutely laughable. It's like saying old BNPs that instantly finished gens were fair.

    Thanks for the insightful comment.

    Old BNP sucked to go against, for sure, but at the time they were in the game, it was also fair play to bring one. When the devs felt it was necessary, they changed it.

    The rules of the game don't really care about whether you think something is OP or not.

    Laugh away.

  • @ggezbaby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384454#Comment_1384454

    People who play like that are usually swf. It punishes the whole team, not just the one guy.

    It just especially punishes the one unlucky guy. Feels real bad to end a game with 4k BP because you were unlucky first and then tunnel-mori'd. Also I know not all SWFs are the same, but my friends and I don't just BT save for the hell of it. Usually we go for that save if the killer's not leaving the hook or it's EGC. Like actual strategic gameplay. Unless you're playing survivors who are just playing crazy chaotic for the hell of it, usually the ######### saves are from solos. (Speaking from experience of frequently being farmed by solos - BT or not.)

  • @SpookyStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383906#Comment_1383906

    FINALLY. Someone said it. I've scrolled plenty of threads on this topic and almost never comment but I had never ever seen anyone mention this from the flip side before. Hatch jumpers who abandon their team anyway. The result is still 3 vs 1 so how/why is a mori worse? If anything, that Survie just dissed you by ditching and leaving you to deal with whatever the Killer is packing, mori or not. Full disclosure: I'm a Killer 99.9% of the time and save my moris for holidays and rituals(events). So, in the spirit of fairness; What does the Survivor main side think of solos who grab hatch and run without them? I mean, I've even seen a 3 person escape and leave a single person to deal with me and like, that's some shady #########. Do Survies ever call each other on that, cause I've never seen it if you do.

    Im new to the forum recently but imo this makes total sense. Ok its messed as a survivor. I mainly play them and YES its annoying to die like this with hardly any bps and probably a few drops of the rank.

    But well i kinda play alot nowadays and it happend not even once ..few weeks back i had like a few in several days.. playing this game for a few months now.

    So to me if i see it happening to a player in my team i know i have to be careful and play more skilled and its challenging eventually if u look at it.

1 2 ›