Why can licensed characters pick up crowns?

I don’t understand why the devs would allow licensed characters to be able to interact with the crown pillars if they are not able to unlock the crown cosmetic. I’ve seen a Detective Tapp and Michael Myers running around with the golden glow in my games... why make it harder for the players who can actually unlock it?

Comments

  • Because it gives a small amount of bonus points for the player who acquires it.

  • I mean unless they pick it up in front of you I don't really see much issue with it, as it literally respawns somewhere else as soon as its taken.

  • So you can get that sweet 500 BP that is totally worth not getting a crown for.

  • @TheRoyalOwl said:

    I mean unless they pick it up in front of you I don't really see much issue with it, as it literally respawns somewhere else as soon as its taken.

    Indeed. They're not making it harder for you. My friend's had a pedestal spawn right in front of him, just as I've had one despawn right in front of me.

    On a side note, I could've sworn I'd seen this thread before.

  • Got hooked right next to one and had to watch somebody grab it before unhooking me. It was a Dwight, but it still sucks to watch.

  • 500 BPs is inconsequential... just seems like a poorly-thought out event.

    Bonus BPs for using Special Generators and Hooks would definitely have been a better, less frustrating option.