The new MMR System needs accumulative deranking based on continual outcome.

Hi, so recently a lot of players have logged back on to play Silent Kill Chapter. I used to be about Rank 10, but between Deathslinger Mid Chapter and Silent Hill I ranked up to 1. This was a gradual change but gameplay was normal.

But recently Games have been terrible, Survivors are perfect loopers, their mind games always defeat me and t-bagging is constant, it began just before Silent Hill chapter. Now I have no access to the data, but I assume all the good survivor have logged back on and this is why I'm being pushed back to Rank 10.

Now to get to the point, I hope you will understand and perhaps be a little empathetic, but Ranking down really sucks, you get almost no fun in games, Survivors taunt in post game chat and ranks flick by. Idd like this not to happen again for this long.

This is why I hope BHVR would implement a system that hastens uprank/derank incase my MMR spot is wrong. Something like If I keep losing MMR again and again, it should increase my descend values in order to send me to a place where I can get to play with Survivors equal to my skill. Surely this makes sense? if not i'll explain better.

Thank you for your time, and if you have another idea to prevent these problems, Do post them below.

Comments

  • IDK what your talking about. MMR spit is wrong? How would it be wrong.


    Do you actually camp? Going from being rank 1 to having trouble at rank 10 seems odd. Unfortunately as much as I hate to play the blackhawk helicopter assassin 4man survivor squads. Speeding up deranking would just defeat the purpose of it existing at all. Deranking for easier matches would just incrase.

  • Bro at level 19 i was being put against level 4 and 5 players. why would i continue to play this game if i'm getting out matched and loosing 5+ games a night. the mmr is garbage. I should be playing with players 5-8 levels in my range. Tonight i've lost every game and made me not want to keep playing. I pay attention to how to play killers and survivors but when as a killer they popl 2-3 gens in the first 1-2 minutes it't not fun. or when a killer comes up the gen i'm working on and knows i'm there and its not even the far gen and kills me in 30 seconds why do i want to even play this. its straight garbage. the level balance after wipes is a joke. If i keep loosing why am i being put up against people that keep stomping me. I"m only lvl 39 over all and most my characters are at most lvl 10. i'm that new to the game.

  • @ASurvkillivorer Hi, Thanks for the response. I know it sounds odd. But Im pretty certain the reason is diffrent skill level of players has logged on. You will recall from my post that game difficulty didnt spike as I rose in ranks until just before Silent Hill chapter.

    So that must be what happend or perhaps everyone I face i trails suddenly decided to play well? I guess its possible...

    The crux of the problem is if this playerbase decides to take a break from the game between chapters, then this might happen again and I forsee this could happen if BHVR does not account for it in the new MMR System, because the system, can and will always optain nearest MMR rating.

    I think we can agree the MMR System should improve our experience, and not misplace us in the system and give us bad games again and again. Even tho im certain the problem I have will rectify itself eventually, Idd just like not to wait as long.

    I dont see how this would increase deranking, BHVR is already out for Killers who do nothing and well its even more boring to play like an idiot for 15min, than try the best you can do.

    Im also being told a normal MMR System in other games already has the functionality Im asking for, so I hoping BHVR knows this.