Favorite playable event and why?

I'm curious which event everyone has found the most fun to play in. For example I'm curious how many people like the crown acquisition system for this event.

Note that I don't care your opinion on the reward for each event, just your enjoyment from participating in the event in the first place.

Events that are grouped together are grouped because they are mechanically identical. Events that are not listed did not have any in-game challenge or gameplay alteration associated with them that I am aware of although I may have missed something.

I deliberately did not list any events that were only alterations to the bloodweb or directly increasing bloodpoint gain (ex: blood hunts).

Comments

  • The Hallowed Blight and The Withering Blight because i like Halloween anyways find it more fun

    2nd Favorite be lunar new year event.

  • To me the blight event somewhat suits the game and every time it ends I’m always looking forward to the next one and it’s next occupants of Blight subjects

  • Hallowed Blight.

  • I would add the Pustula Petals thing as well. I think it was the Hallowed Blight event. That was pre rift and the blossoms spawn around the map you needed to harvest.

    Im tending between those two, I think for survivors the blossom event was a cooler objective. But downside that killers just had the hooks and for survivors it was a bit misdesigned as you could not harvest blossoms once you got all unlocked, stopping you from getting extra BP for harvesting.

    The lanterns were cooler as it was easier to perform and competitive (althoug some disliked that). So competitive might be a downsight as well, but the bigger downside was, iirc, that you had the coins as currency which were really hard to grind, as you needed 100 for the first cosmetic, 200 for the second (being a total of 300) and so on. I just managed to reach level 6 for 2 complete outfits (2100 coins), and I play quite a bit. The last 3 levels would need another 2400 coins, so compared to the other events, the cap was quite high.

    But for me, these alternative objective events were always fun, compared to just special gens granting more BP

  • I'll admit, I've never played an event apart from the newest one.

    So... I gotta go with that one.

  • My first event that gave out cosmetics from what I believe. Got the hammer (although didn't get the shirt for Kate up until recently).

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Hallowed Blight.

    Whoops

  • Hollowed Blight was my favorite. Wasn't too hard to get serum and cosmetics were Gucci.

  • It was Hallowed blight for me aswell.

    Yeah, people killing themselves on the hook was a problem, but I really enjoyed the new objective and that it didn't make survivors and killers fight for the same objective like the moonlight did.

    Withering blight wasn't an event imo. It was just annoying battlepass challenges (that had no link to the event as far as I remember) and a bit decoration ingame, pretty lazy in my opinion.

  • Before the 4th year anniversary started and X2 bloodpoints


    X2 bloodpoints events and these daily rewards whas the best one, no annoying missions, no annoying in-game objective, just free points :)


    i wish the next one whas x2 bloodpoints + 50k daily reward + daily skin reward

    all at the same time :))) without annoying objectives.

  • @Yogerman1997 said:

    Before the 4th year anniversary started and X2 bloodpoints

    X2 bloodpoints events and these daily rewards whas the best one, no annoying missions, no annoying in-game objective, just free points :)

    i wish the next one whas x2 bloodpoints + 50k daily reward + daily skin reward

    all at the same time :))) without annoying objectives.

    That's not a playable event. That's explicitly not one of the options.

    Remember I'm asking about the event that's the most fun to participate in. Not the event with the most satisfying reward. Blood point events are ONLY rewards and thus don't qualify from the start.

  • Uh, the best event that Dead By Daylight ever saw? 2018's Hallowed Blight obviously! Why wasn't this listed???

    If you're telling me it wasn't listed because "the withering blight was the follow up and most recent event ehmehemehmeh" NO. The Withering Blight SUCKED. It was hardly an event at all and stripped everything from its predecessor that made the entire Hallowed Blight Unique, Fun, Interesting, Mysterious, and creepy and spooky and everything a halloween event should have been, it was outstanding.

    You know what the withering blight was? WITHERED PUMPKINS ON GENERATORS. And sub-par lore that didn't hold a candle to the Hallowed Blight's story tossed into the new archives. That's IT. There is absolutely no significant difference to separate the Withering Blight from some of Dead By Daylight's most boring events: The Scorching Summer BBQ event, and the Howling Grounds Lunar New Year Event.


    I refer you to my one year old poll which I wrote at the time shortly after the Withering Blight went live in November of 2019 (because as you might remember, the withering blight was delayed):

    @Seiko300 said:

    I'm coming out and saying it, the Withering Blight is absolute garbage in comparison to the Hallowed Blight. On its own, for those who never played the Hallowed blight it might still be a grand time, but in comparison in sorely lags behind in multiple categories when set side by side with its predecessor. (Vote in the poll below)

    Foreword

    (I realize this thread became way too long about halfway through, so I'm putting a TL;DR at the bottom for those who don't want to read my terribly long rant)

    I'm not mad at the devs, they reacted and responded accordingly to the feedback that the community (for the most part) gave from the event last year.

    However, it's important to keep in mind that sometimes, the feedback the community gives, is absolute #########.

    The faults people point out in last years event, were over-exaggerated and not actually all that bad

    I get that it kinda sucked the first few days when there were a decent chunk of survivors just killing themselves to maximize serum gain, but once you stopped taking the game seriously and just had fun with the event it really wasn't all that bad if at all. As a killer you basically get free points, free pips nobody as a killer should be complaining because it's not like this was everybody and it's not like it was every match either so you still got to play relatively normal games as killer.

    As a survivor, all you had to do was switch your build to something much more self-serving to keep yourself alive. I was running the previous incarnation of Left Behind which granted increased generator repair speeds when everyone else was dead, and without a hatch closing mechanic in place at the time all I had to do was repair one or two generators to get the hatch to appear when I was the last one standing. With self-care to make sure I could take a hit, these were pretty easy victories too.

    But people got so goddamn uptight because they what, couldn't continue the same monotonous routine of repairing generators like they do literally all times for the rest of the year??? The game is fun don't get me wrong, but these events are here for a reason, to switch things up every once in awhile, keep that blood pumping.

    There was no change for the event this year

    NOW we basically don't even have an event. Gameplay is absolutely normal, nothing has changed, even the aesthetic of the event is about on par with some of the most boring events we've had like the summer BBQ, or the earlier lunar new year events. At least for the Moonrise event we had an interesting capture the flag type of deal going on where survivors were essentially playing their best to survive with a lantern.

    The atmosphere for the event had been completely stripped away

    There's nothing to look forward to, there's no vial being slowly filled with serum as I milk the oozing amber substance from the visceral cankers. The cankers added so much more than just a second objective, they added atmosphere. Something that most definitely the Withering blight lacks, without the visceral cankers scattered growing throughout the maps I can hardly tell an event is going on in the first place. We have tiny pumpkins on top of generators and on the ground next to the hook, nothing spurting, nothing oozing, no gross factor nothing. Even the main menu / lobby looks and feels barren, a few pumpkins with the sad husk of what used to be these pumping, pulsing, visceral cankers. Even the music seems toned down, I can hardly hear it at all much less so now that we have unique themes that play when certain killers are selected like the Clown, Legion, Demogorgon, Myers, etc. I can more than confidently say that the halloween menu's from the past two years were better even all the way back to 2017 for those who can remember All Hallows Eve before the Hallowed Blight came into being.

    The diary entries left people with a reason to come back each day, and created a well written and interesting story which provided new revelations regarding lore

    The new diary entries that were released once every single day during the Hallowed Blight were also genius, interspersed with the landmarks that were the animatics it gave something to look forward to each and every single day. I get that now we have the archives which by themselves are great, an amazing new step in telling the story of DBD but the story from the book "The Hunger" just wasn't up to par like last year it was just filled with how confusing the character felt each time and that was it. No purpose, no "obsessively deciphering Vigo's journal." to discover the horrifying properties of the "putrid nectar - the thick fluid I saw oozing from the trees.". The animatic this year was great, seeing what I can only interpret as the void where all the hopeless souls of past survivors in the chaos of the realm of the entity was amazing. But one good animatic does not an event make.

    The cosmetics this year just don't hold a candle to last years

    Even the cosmetics this year, I can still appreciate them and the effort put into them and how cool they look, but honestly I liked last years cosmetics better, comparing each one back and forth if they were sold as DLC packs you know for sure the former would sell better. The only one I really liked from this year was the Clown, but it sucks because my appreciation for the cosmetic is halted by the fact that the Clown, ngl, is kind of a terrible killer who needs a rework, an update, a tweak, something, anything. Aside from the Clown it was also great that they were finally able to revisit and renegotiate terms with the license holder for Halloween to get new cosmetics for Michael Myers and Laurie Strode.

    Overall, I'm not mad, just disappointed. Halloween should be the best most interesting time of the year for Dead by Daylight and the devs totally dropped the ball caving into the demands of the community and taking away the one feature that made the whole event unique, and distinct.

    TL;DR

    -The community sometimes gives bad feedback leading the devs to make bad choices like getting rid of the visceral canker.

    -The visceral canker added so much more than just a secondary objective, it provided atmosphere for the event, really letting you know that something was off in the realm of the entity. Taking this key and crucial feature away from the event took away the one thing that made it unique, distinctive, and fun.

    -The removal of the only change in gameplay (the visceral cankers) left the community with nothing but normal gameplay, which we can already experience most 80% of the 365 days of the year. Events are meant to shake things up and change things slightly, along with the last years Hallowed Blight, the Moonrise event was also a perfect example of how the devs were able to accomplish this.

    -The Menu is so much less festive in comparison to last years hallowed blight, and the year prior's All Hallows Eve. All there is left are a few pumpkins and the sad husk of what used to be a pumping, pulsing, creepy visceral canker. Even the music seems to be toned down in the menu especially in the killer character selection screen where we see more and more killers have unique themes applied to them when selected (The Clown, The Legion, The Shape, The Demogorgon, etc.) the spooky event theme should always take priority during an event

    -The Diary Entries released every single day from last year gave something to look forward to, and a reason to play each and every single day. It gave you enough information but left you with something new to leave you in suspense the same way a TV show keeps you coming for another episode.

    63 total votes. 57 of them all agreed that the hallowed blight was better, 3 said they weren't sure, and only 3 people or 4% of respondents said the withering blight was better. An almost unanimous vote.

    The absolute mess that was the Withering Blight still pisses me off to this day.

    All because the community clearly and blatantly over-exaggerated the issues and faults that the Hallowed Blight suffered from, pushing the devs into a corner to respond, and they did, by massacring the best event we had ever seen at the time and would ever see for years to come. The only thing that comes close was the Lunar New Year Moonrise event of 2019


    The Hallowed Blight was an incredible event. It changed the entire pace and atmosphere of the game, introducing a highly sought after secondary objective which forced survivors to juggle a kind of balancing act between doing generators, and milking visceral cankers. The Menu itself was completely overhauled festively decorated for the holiday and according to the new lore introduced, the music pushed forward that atmosphere with a slow, quiet, and creepy track which heavily contrasted the louder original Dead By Daylight theme. Each day new diary entries from an unknown character "The Alchemist" deepened the mystery and gave players something interesting to look forward to- a reason to log in and play each and every day of the event.

    Hallowed Blight 2018:

    image.png image.png image.png


    Withering Blight 2019:

    image.png

    This was literally the only screenshot I could find. Clearly people were so excited and in awe of the menu design they forgot to take screenshots. And lemme tell ya, Ghostface, does not look happy that he was a year too late and couldn't experience the hallowed blight.


    Honestly I could copy and paste everything from that thread from last year and it would still stand as valid points today. I actually encourage people to read what I wrote and what people thought about it at the time. For the rest of you I will copy and paste my concluding TL;DR statements for people to read:

    "The visceral canker added so much more than just a secondary objective, it provided atmosphere for the event, really letting you know that something was off in the realm of the entity. Taking this key and crucial feature away from the event took away the one thing that made it unique, distinctive, and fun.

    The removal of the only change in gameplay (the visceral cankers) left the community with nothing but normal gameplay, which we can already experience most 80% of the 365 days of the year. Events are meant to shake things up and change things slightly, along with the last years Hallowed Blight, the Moonrise event was also a perfect example of how the devs were able to accomplish this.

    The Menu is so much less festive in comparison to last years hallowed blight, and the year prior's All Hallows Eve. All there is left are a few pumpkins and the sad husk of what used to be a pumping, pulsing, creepy visceral canker. Even the music seems to be toned down in the menu especially in the killer character selection screen where we see more and more killers have unique themes applied to them when selected (The Clown, The Legion, The Shape, The Demogorgon, etc.) the spooky event theme should always take priority during an event

    The Diary Entries released every single day from last year gave something to look forward to, and a reason to play each and every single day. It gave you enough information but left you with something new to leave you in suspense the same way a TV show keeps you coming for another episode."


    I really hope they do better this year for 2020.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Uh, the best event that Dead By Daylight ever saw? 2018's Hallowed Blight obviously! Why wasn't this listed???

    If you're telling me it wasn't listed because "the withering blight was the follow up and most recent event ehmehemehmeh" NO. The Withering Blight SUCKED. It was hardly an event at all and stripped everything from its predecessor that made the entire Hallowed Blight Unique, Fun, Interesting, Mysterious, and creepy and spooky and everything a halloween event should have been, it was outstanding.

    You know what the withering blight was? WITHERED PUMPKINS ON GENERATORS. And sub-par lore that didn't hold a candle to the Hallowed Blight's story tossed into the new archives. That's IT. There is absolutely no significant difference to separate the Withering Blight from some of Dead By Daylight's most boring events: The Scorching Summer BBQ event, and the Howling Grounds Lunar New Year Event.

    I refer you to my one year old poll which I wrote at the time shortly after the Withering Blight went live in November of 2019 (because as you might remember, the withering blight was delayed):

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/102325/who-here-actually-prefers-the-withering-blight-event-over-the-hallowed-blight

    63 total votes. 57 of them all agreed that the hallowed blight was better, 3 said they weren't sure, and only 3 people or 4% of respondents said the withering blight was better. An almost unanimous vote.

    The absolute mess that was the Withering Blight still pisses me off to this day.

    All because the community clearly and blatantly over-exaggerated the issues and faults that the Hallowed Blight suffered from, pushing the devs into a corner to respond, and they did, by massacring the best event we had ever seen at the time and would ever see for years to come. The only thing that comes close was the Lunar New Year Moonrise event of 2019

    The Hallowed Blight was an incredible event. It changed the entire pace and atmosphere of the game, introducing a highly sought after secondary objective which forced survivors to juggle a kind of balancing act between doing generators, and milking visceral cankers. The Menu itself was completely overhauled festively decorated for the holiday and according to the new lore introduced, the music pushed forward that atmosphere with a slow, quiet, and creepy track which heavily contrasted the louder original Dead By Daylight theme. Each day new diary entries from an unknown character "The Alchemist" deepened the mystery and gave players something interesting to look forward to- a reason to log in and play each and every day of the event.

    Hallowed Blight 2018:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/I6YLZ560DGAW/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VXC95NPBY09N/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KKZH6IHOCJS3/image.png

    Withering Blight 2019:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BXHYP93WFC5N/image.png

    This was literally the only screenshot I could find. Clearly people were so excited and in awe of the menu design they forgot to take screenshots. And lemme tell ya, Ghostface, does not look happy that he was a year too late and couldn't experience the hallowed blight.

    Honestly I could copy and paste everything from that thread from last year and it would still stand as valid points today. I actually encourage people to read what I wrote and what people thought about it at the time. For the rest of you I will copy and paste my concluding TL;DR statements for people to read:

    "The visceral canker added so much more than just a secondary objective, it provided atmosphere for the event, really letting you know that something was off in the realm of the entity. Taking this key and crucial feature away from the event took away the one thing that made it unique, distinctive, and fun.

    The removal of the only change in gameplay (the visceral cankers) left the community with nothing but normal gameplay, which we can already experience most 80% of the 365 days of the year. Events are meant to shake things up and change things slightly, along with the last years Hallowed Blight, the Moonrise event was also a perfect example of how the devs were able to accomplish this.

    The Menu is so much less festive in comparison to last years hallowed blight, and the year prior's All Hallows Eve. All there is left are a few pumpkins and the sad husk of what used to be a pumping, pulsing, creepy visceral canker. Even the music seems to be toned down in the menu especially in the killer character selection screen where we see more and more killers have unique themes applied to them when selected (The Clown, The Legion, The Shape, The Demogorgon, etc.) the spooky event theme should always take priority during an event

    The Diary Entries released every single day from last year gave something to look forward to, and a reason to play each and every single day. It gave you enough information but left you with something new to leave you in suspense the same way a TV show keeps you coming for another episode."

    I really hope they do better this year for 2020.

    I literally missed Hallowed Blight when I was making the list.

    It definitely belongs on it and I do not consider Withering Blight to be a follow up. It was 100% a mistake and if I could edit it into the list (I can't) I would.

  • 20200626_234801.jpg 20200626_234837.jpg

    Winter Solstice 2017. It was when I first started playing the game.

  • I still have anxiety about grinding out some of the above, so have voted for this 4th anniversary. All done in a couple of days after work!

  • The Hallowed Blight was imo the best event they ever made.