Would an "exclude map" feature be healthy for DbD?

We all have at least one map we absolutly hate to play on. So I thought, what if everyone would be able to exclude one map to be spawned on (unless a map offering is used).

So in a whole lobby they are max 5 maps excluded to be picked by pure rng (unless map offerings are used).

As survivor I would exclude shelter woods for example and as Hillbilly Lerry's and as long noone is using a offering for one of these maps I will never play on it until I change the map to exclude.

I think everyone would have a better time in dbd with it

Comments

  • Killers would just exclude Haddonfield most of the time, and giving the survivrors 4 maps to cross out and the killer 1, wouldn't really be fair. You'd either have to give the survivors 1 as a whole, or the killer 4.

  • I wouldn't like this because people hate indoor maps like Silent Hill, The Game, Hawkins and Lerys.

    Silent Hill especially would be a huge ban pick and its my favorite map.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    Killers would just exclude Haddonfield most of the time, and giving the survivrors 4 maps to cross out and the killer 1, wouldn't really be fair. You'd either have to give the survivors 1 as a whole, or the killer 4.

    Map offerings is the key word tho. Also, you could make it that swf can exclude 1 map as a group to avoid super optimal excluding etc

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    I wouldn't like this because people hate indoor maps like Silent Hill, The Game, Hawkins and Lerys.

    Silent Hill especially would be a huge ban pick and its my favorite map.

    U could always use a map offering tho

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/164935/would-an-exclude-map-feature-be-healthy-for-dbd

    No.

    Could you imagine how awful this would make queue times?

    Survivors would exclude what are perceived as killer sided maps.

    Killers would exclude what are perceived as survivor sided maps.

    Everyone will be waiting forever in the “looking for match” stage.

    Edit: oops. Ok the limit is 1. Cant say I like the idea to exclude maps though.

    This isn't affecting Q times at all tho. It's putting you in a lobby as usual but the outcome of what map gets picked by rng during loading screen is affected

  • @DwightOP said:

    We all have at least one map we absolutly hate to play on. So I thought, what if everyone would be able to exclude one map to be spawned on (unless a map offering is used).

    So in a whole lobby they are max 5 maps excluded to be picked by pure rng (unless map offerings are used).

    As survivor I would exclude shelter woods for example and as Hillbilly Lerry's and as long noone is using a offering for one of these maps I will never play on it until I change the map to exclude.

    I think everyone would have a better time in dbd with it

    I would love this since I get the same damn maps every game Autohaven! Autohaven! And more Autohaven im so sick if playing it....I was in total shock I got Lerys two games in a row today haven't been on that map in weeks.

  • I just wish the map selector would choose between realms, THEN pick a map from the selected realm. That way maps like Badham wouldn't be 5 times more likely while still being insanely similar. Also maps like CORN wouldn't be every other match despite playing the exact same way.

  • @shane32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/164935/would-an-exclude-map-feature-be-healthy-for-dbd

    I would love this since I get the same damn maps every game Autohaven! Autohaven! And more Autohaven im so sick if playing it....I was in total shock I got Lerys two games in a row today haven't been on that map in weeks.

    Today I wanted to prestige clown but I had some puddings left. So I wanted to use them up first. Guess what. 6 times in a row farm map. I'm so sick of it.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381662#Comment_1381662

    Today I wanted to prestige clown but I had some puddings left. So I wanted to use them up first. Guess what. 6 times in a row farm map. I'm so sick of it.

    I here you. It used to be nothing but farm and Autohaven for me but now it's literally only Autohaven I cannot stand that map anymore.

  • Maybe it could be an offering. Tremendously decreases chance of being sent to X map.

    Honestly though, I'd be for it, there's times you've been on some variation of the Farm or Autohaven the past X many games in a row and you'd just like to go anywhere else.