Escape Vs Complete
Alright Devs, why is everything about a survivor to escape. It's literally a cosmetic. I get you don't want people just running into a match with someone they never play, grabbing a crown and insta killing themselves. But why not make it a point cap than. Lets say, Completes the match with 15k BP and they keep their halo. This means most people who play the match will get their crown even if the match does not go in their favor.
For example, I don't play nea or really have perks on her, I think she is level 3 (maybe) but I am going to have to play her this way until I escape, I suspect this is going to take 3-10 games for just this one survivor. I also never play nurse, but all I have to do is play one game and than just wonder around (or AFK, just put NOED on and I can call it End Game Nurse) until its over and I get the cosmetic, I suspect this is going to take one game.
Killers are not babies, if survivors have to earn their crowns than make us earn them to. Or change how survivors earn the thing in the first place. It shouldn't be harder for one side than the other.
EDIT: To clarify because reading is hard. I am not saying they should make it based on how many kills a killer gets. I am simply stating its easier to enter a match, grab a crown and AFK than complete 5 generators and escape. I personally think they should have made it based on the amount of BP you earn during the match instead, for both sides. Its just as easy for a killer to earn 15k BP in a match as a survivor if not easier. I think it should have worked something like this:
After collecting a crown if you complete the match with at least 15k BP than you unlock the crown for the character you were playing.
Using this condition both killers and survivors earn the crown in the same way, it doesn't matter how many kills you get, it doesn't matter if you escape. It just matters that you attempted to play the around. It fair and equal for both sides.
Comments
Well to be fair, you can really escape with no perks as a survivor. It is the same situation when doing a daily on a character you rarely play.
Killer is also inherently harder than playing survivor in general. And killers are going to get a lot of flak for killing people with crowns as it is.
I personally am letting anyone with a crown live during this event.
I'm a survivor main, and I already have it on 6 characters. It's not that hard. 1 escape compared to 4 kills, it makes no sense. And why would you want killers to camp you or tunnel you hard because they want to get the cosmetic. This event makes perfect sense.
I agree.
In the grand scheme of things, especially compared to older events where you had to grind multiple - dozens of games in a row just to get one cosmetic piece out of a set, this really isn't all that bad.
1 match for each, bare minimum. The fact that's possible at all is a-ok with me.
I too agree and have vowed to not kill during this event.
Yes you can escape with no perks. Is it as easy to escape as just AFK in the game? Because that is all a killer has to do to essentially earn a crown. Why should it be so easy for one side, and so risky for the other? I am not asking to just give the crowns out. I am saying they should have made it as a BP requirement.
Can you not read? I at no time said the killer should need for kills, I specifically said it should be a BP requirement, which you don't need four kills to hit 15k.
For example, once you get the crown, if you score more than 15k BP in the match, you unlock the crown for that person. Killer or Survivor
Actually I suspect this line is what you're referring to now
Killers are not babies, if survivors have to earn their crowns than make us earn them to.
Which was simply implying that it is 100% easier to enter a match grab a crown and AFK than to enter the match complete 5 gens and exit it. I personally think they should have just made it a BP requirement instead of anything else.
I'm a killer main and alredy have it on 2 characters.
Edit: meant to say I have it on 2 survivors already.