Legacy - why not?
Why not give Legacy items to players who have spent thousands of hours in the game, essentially making it something for people to work towards? Say, one set of the players choice every 10/15 devotion levels? Getting a character to prestige 3 for the only non-buyable cosmetics in the game can be done in ONE day, and completing the newly introduced rift challenges doesn't take long either. My point is - this would not only reward players who've spent thousands of hours in the game, it would give people something to work towards. It would be something to actually be proud of having achieved in the game.
People who've spent thousands of hours in the game are just as deserving of legacy as the people who played for a month or two at the start. Besides, most legacy today is either cheated or lost due to lost save files.
Comments
Because the effort to get it is not matched by anything you can do nowadays. I'm not sure you fully grasp just how much of a pain in the ass it used to be to prestige every single character 3 times.
I personally don't care about legacies cosmetics, Halloween ones are a pretty good placebo.
players need to accept that some players desserved some exclusive for the amount of dedication the old bloodwebs required.
I do "fully grasp" how much of a pain in the ass it used to be. I personally have every single killer and survivor prestige 3 as of this moment - far more time put into the game than the month or two required to get legacy on all of the 4 killers available back then.
"Month or two", right...
Here are some differences:
The entire point of Legacy was to reward people who stuck with the game when it was quite frankly, absolute dogshit balance wise and severely lacked content.
Back then, we didn't even know if the game would survive until the end of the year. It does not matter if you have every character Prestige 3 now, because there's actually reason to do so. There's challenges to complete, skins to unlock, lore pieces to collect.
2016? You got a single piece of bloody clothing, and that was it.
As @Orion said, prestiging was much, much harder back then and nothing now is comparable to the effort it took in the past.
They should remain exclusive to the people who earned then during that time.
On top of the time it took to get them just think about what you said. Sure you put a lot of hours in but that has been over time since the games release with most things being smoothed out for you. Those months were terrible both how slow and large the webs were I mean really the grind itself at times was the time it took just to get through a bloodweb. Even Leatherface was not out for bbq and chili and not great BP offerings so again just nothing like it was now. No one is entitled to anything since clearly you and others play the game a lot so the game is good enough and keeps you playing without it. I’m all for new ones or stuff being added to support players like us who have played a lot but not taking something like legacy which was not guaranteed to them it was more of a consolation later.
I personally have 6 legacy items. My problem with it not being free is the following:
People world for their event cosmetics. People worked for their legacy outfits. their excuse that it’s only for the OG‘s is in my opinion just laughable. Not kidding I really laughed when I read their excuse. Luckily I had a backup when I lost my progress back in July 2017 otherwise I would cry instead of laugh at that.