What is a survivor toxic ?

Maybe my question is dumb, i'm a new french player (since 2 weeks,ranked 10), and people are complaining all the time about toxic survivors.


I have my idea but i'm curious.

Comments

  • Can mean a few things. Usually it is a survivor who tries to piss off other players, mainly the killer.

  • For me the only thing i consider "toxic" (i ######### hate that word at this point) are the messages I get after a game.

    "Gg ez"

    "Trash bb killer"

    "Camping trash"

    "Gg tunneler"

    Etc etc. People suck.


    Tbagging and all that is whatever.

  • according to the forums and subreddit, its anyone who doesnt run in a straight line or plays with friends

  • @coffeegirl said:

    Maybe my question is dumb, i'm a new french player (since 2 weeks,ranked 10), and people are complaining all the time about toxic survivors.

    I have my idea but i'm curious.

    Toxic comes in many flavors. Teabagging, flashlight clicking, using a build specifically designed to bully the killer, hanging around the exit gates till the last second in order to gloat, bad manners in the post game chat.

    @BigTimeGamer said:

    according to the forums and subreddit, its anyone who doesnt run in a straight line or plays with friends

    Normal people who play with friends are fine. People that abuse swf to gain an unfair advantage or bully the killer are the problem.

  • @xEa said:

    Can mean a few things. Usually it is a survivor who tries to piss off other players, mainly the killer.

    But the goal is the survive against the killer.... So it's normal to piss off the killer , he does too

  • I am old school and still see DS as Anti-tunneling not Anti-momentum, so for me if you get off a hook and start doing a gen right in front of me because you have DS, I see you as being toxic, if you go somewhere else its fine.

    Really the only other thing I see as toxic is if you block me and prevent me from chasing someone else because you have BT. I don't mind if you take a hit, but if you prevent me from chasing, I also personally find that as being toxic. And yes I know its a strat, but so is tunneling you to death. If I am trying to avoid tunneling you and you are giving me no option, it is what it is.

    Other than that, I don't really think survivors can do anything else that is really toxic.

  • Everything the survivor does is toxic๐Ÿ˜‚

    working on gens- toxic

    running the killer around while gens pop- toxic

    doing totems- toxic

    exhaustion perks- toxic

    safe hook rescue- toxic

    you just playing as a survivor- toxic

  • @Always_available said:

    Talking ######### for no reason, insulting for no reason, BMing, for example.


    I'm not playing the game on ps4 or Xbox , but yeah i don't understand people insulting other for no reason after the game

    ------

    Some killer are toxic like purchasing again and again the same survivor

  • @coffeegirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376061#Comment_1376061

    But the goal is the survive against the killer.... So it's normal to piss off the killer , he does too

    It is true that the goal for survivors is to survive, but a toxic survivor tries his best to be annoying / toxic. For example teabaging all the time, clicking with his flashlight constantly, taunting etc. Just doing things that is very unpleasent for the killer.

    The same can be said about a the killer who is hitting a hooked survivor multible times or gives headshakes constantly. Just stuff that is not normal gameplay and only there to ruin other players experience.

    By the way: Toxic behavior can also occurre after the game (toxic chat massages).

  • It's when a survivor doesn't play by the "killer rule book"๐Ÿ˜