Worst Rift challenges yet. Made for farming?

So I took a break after burning myself out on the last rift and playing deathslinger but had to come back when the villain of the best horror game of all time was added.

Having gotten to the third page today I have to just come out and say it.


These are the worst, most unfair, unrewarding challenges I have yet to see in any battle pass yet. Increasing the difficulty to frankly absurd degrees (dwight the saviour, for example) leading to survivors constantly throwing games.

Or just basing challenges on self-admitted broken mechanics (seriously how the hell am I supposed to get two gen grabs in one game? I haven't had a gen/locker grab NOT be cancelled mid animation, even when I'm on the recieving end, in over 6 months, let alone how rare they are at red ranks) is ridiculous.

Then there's the fact that this added difdficulty doesn't even scale up the rewards appropriately like other games do.

At this rate I feel like I'll have no choice but to farm them if I really want to complete this rift. And farming is by far the dullest experience in this game.

And on an unrelated note another feng cosmetic for level 70? A base outfit recolor at that?

Comments

  • The first rift had by far the hardest challenges. Four pallet stuns in one game? Kill all four survivors in the basement? Escape as Claudette? Nothing compared to that level of difficulty. They literally nerfed the challenges mid-rift.

  • Agreed. I think they were running low on ideas for the challenges. I can't count the number of messages i've gotten from legions wanting to farm and allow him to frenzy hit us 5 times. 2 grabs in a game was moderately difficult when grabs use to work. Now, almost impossible.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    The first rift had by far the hardest challenges. Four pallet stuns in one game? Kill all four survivors in the basement? Escape as Claudette? Nothing compared to that level of difficulty. They literally nerfed the challenges mid-rift.

    The only challenge I never completed in 1 was the four pallet stuns. Its just not possible unless you derank to go against newbies, which I have no interest in doing. Four survivors in the basement is easier than most think and a pretty common occurence for me as killer.


    I do think they really haven't learned anything from the feedback.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1375730#Comment_1375730

    The only challenge I never completed in 1 was the four pallet stuns. Its just not possible unless you derank to go against newbies, which I have no interest in doing. Four survivors in the basement is easier than most think and a pretty common occurence for me as killer.

    I do think they really haven't learned anything from the feedback.

    Or catch the Killer by Surprise. It's what I did