Survivor juke that cuts the lunge short

So I've been playing for a while and I usually don't get spun anymore unless the survivor is god tier. But I still have no idea why I sometimes miss a hit on a survivor who does this little "wiggle" or whatever you want to call it. It cuts my lunge short and forces me to miss even though I try to follow their movement. I still don't understand what exactly it is. Maybe I'm just bad? But I swear I've lost hits that I've absolutely should've gotten from this. Also I play on console if that matters.

Comments

  • They're exploiting autoaim and how the game is supposed to automatically cut a lunge short when you'll hit. This motion makes the game think you'll hit and cut your lunge in such a way that you don't.

  • @SewerSwans said:

    They're exploiting autoaim and how the game is supposed to automatically cut a lunge short when you'll hit. This motion makes the game think you'll hit and cut your lunge in such a way that you don't.

    Yea that makes sense. So I guess there's no sure way to counter it then?

  • @Lx_malice said:

    So I've been playing for a while and I usually don't get spun anymore unless the survivor is god tier. But I still have no idea why I sometimes miss a hit on a survivor who does this little "wiggle" or whatever you want to call it. It cuts my lunge short and forces me to miss even though I try to follow their movement. I still don't understand what exactly it is. Maybe I'm just bad? But I swear I've lost hits that I've absolutely should've gotten from this. Also I play on console if that matters.

    I thought I was the only person experiencing this issue... It infuriates the hell out of me sometimes.. I hope devs will do something about it (they probably won’t cuz console lives don’t matter)

  • @Lx_malice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1373988#Comment_1373988

    Yea that makes sense. So I guess there's no sure way to counter it then?

    The main counter I'm aware of is to be unpredictable with your lunge timing, or walk up behind them and do a lungeless attack, which counters all jukes. What Nurse is supposed to do, I'm not sure at all. I think it might require a particular spacing, but I'm not really much of a survivor player.

  • Don't lunge. Use standard m1 at point blank range, which counters melee distance jukes.

  • Yeah... happens all the time.

    "Autoaim doesnt exist"

  • @vdzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/163867/survivor-juke-that-cuts-the-lunge-short

    I thought I was the only person experiencing this issue... It infuriates the hell out of me sometimes.. I hope devs will do something about it (they probably won’t cuz console lives don’t matter)

    It's been like this since forever, guess the devs think survivors doing this are just skilled

  • @SewerSwans said:

    They're exploiting autoaim and how the game is supposed to automatically cut a lunge short when you'll hit. This motion makes the game think you'll hit and cut your lunge in such a way that you don't.

    Thing is,there is no auto aim in this game only aim dressing.The main difference between both is basically auto aim can give you hits you shouldn't get while aim dressing is able to take hits from you that should have not.

  • @Lx_malice said:

    So I've been playing for a while and I usually don't get spun anymore unless the survivor is god tier. But I still have no idea why I sometimes miss a hit on a survivor who does this little "wiggle" or whatever you want to call it. It cuts my lunge short and forces me to miss even though I try to follow their movement. I still don't understand what exactly it is. Maybe I'm just bad? But I swear I've lost hits that I've absolutely should've gotten from this. Also I play on console if that matters.

    This game has a mechanic which is called "aim dressing".It makes sure that the animation matches up when you hit a survivor.Problem with this mechanic is that it can take hits from you that should have it.

  • Huh. I thought I'd been missing hits that I felt like I should have gotten lately.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1373988#Comment_1373988

    Thing is,there is no auto aim in this game only aim dressing.The main difference between both is basically auto aim can give you hits you shouldn't get while aim dressing is able to take hits from you that should have not.

    That's an important distinction; thank you.