Killers who are hard of hearing or deaf, how do you play?
Surely there are killer players who're hard of hearing or deaf. I'm curious about how you play, given that sound is such an important part of DbD.
Surely there are killer players who're hard of hearing or deaf. I'm curious about how you play, given that sound is such an important part of DbD.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'm hard at hearing and need to head to the hospital every few months to get my ears checked. Perforated my eardrum about 6/7 years ago so they are very cautious of me doing it again.
I can't be in a party/discord and need to be fully focusing to hear people. I would say I don't struggle as much as others do.
They play happy as they are completly oblivious to the sound bugs
On a serious note i think these killers would use perks like deerstalker and bloodhound more to give them more visual queues
Not really bad with hearing but I used to play DBD without headphones so I never relied on hearing survivors pretty much at all. You can do just fine by knowing general survivor routeing, scratchmarks/bloodpools and by simply following them based on visuals.
Ofc after I started using headphones I realised how usefull can hearing survivors actually be. It's a great bonus, not mandatory but everyone who doesn't use them is missing out on quite a bit of fun and skillful gameplay unfortunately.
im not deaf or hard of hearing, but i play killer without sound all the time. i tend to like listening to videos or podcasts while i play games, and trying to listen to that and dbd stuff just stresses me out too much cause i have trouble focusing on either, so i just dont play with the sound when im playing killer. and it tends to vary a bit but i can do decently. i got a perfect game a few days ago without sound. 4 kills, 32k score. it was hard at first but after learning when and where the survivors were trying to hide, not hearing wasnt a problem. just got to look around more, and more carefully.
My hearing is perfectly fine but I tend to listen to Podcasts while playing DBD so I don't often find sound an issue.
That is not to say I don't think sound is a major part of the game, but I'd imagine if you have a hard time hearing you (like me) pay more attention with your eyes.
So what do you do to find survivors who are uninjured and not running?