Stigma behind Claudette?

Im a survivor main who is also a claudette main. And i feel there is an unfair stigma for Claudette. One time i was playing a game with my friends and i got tunneled by a trapper. I messaged him afterwards asking why did he tunnel me when i did nothing wrong. He said "i hate claudette" i find that a bit unfair against. Why should every Claudette be unfairly tunneled and camped because of a few toxic ones? Keep in mind i hate being toxic i don't teabag or flashlight click or anything. I just want a fair game. What are you guys thoughts? am i over exaggerating?

Comments

  • I play Claudette as well and I face many similar games as you. People remember the bad times more than they do the good times, so if a Killer faces a toxic highlighter dressed Claudette and often has a bad experience with them, they will start to associate it with all of the players who play her.

    I forgive Killers who tunnel me on maps like Yamaoka, since I most likely made their eyes bleed. If I notice a Killer has it out for me just because I’m Claudette , I turn on ultra blend mode and make sure they never find me until end game.

  • Personally, I dislike Blendettes (Claudettes with the full Prestige clothing) because they are usually horrible teammates in my own games. However, as Killer, I'll only keep an eye out for them if they're actively being a detriment to their team. They might die a bit earlier than their teammates, if you know what I mean 😉

    Sadly, there are a lot of people who play this game who feel entitled to purposefully ruin other peoples' games just for their choice of character. And sadly, there's nothing that can really be done about it. In your case, you might try wearing brighter clothing as many Claudette haters will specifically target Claudettes who are wearing darker clothes!

  • Claudette in certain clothing is hard to see. If you don't go after her when you see her, you'll never see her again the rest of the match. She cloaks and vanishes permanently.

  • Aww I apologise on behalf of my fellow killers all I can offer is pig boops and my oath to play fair and decently to all survivors including tapps.. OK not tapps I might crouch roar at you more but come on its lore friendly..

    🐷🐖🐽

  • Claudette, once upon a time, was extremely hard to see in the game. Her clothing was actually ‘nerfed’ about a year ago to make her brighter. The P3 still somewhat blends but it’s not as bad as it originally was and most survivors P3s blend just as well.

    Tip for any killers having a hard time with this on PC - change settings to Low. The grass and bushes aren’t as thick and the survivors are more obvious. On console the settings are automatically set at low.

    Killers may be complaining because other people complain about her as if she wasn’t nerfed. In that case, yeah its a stigma.

    It’s really an unfair judgment at this point but the old school players who dealt with invisidettes may legitimately have like PTSD about it.

  • I feel this is partly because of toxic dbd youtuber's like ochido who play Claudette.

  • Claudette's are associated with a really negative stigma of either useless P3 Blendettes who Urban Evade all game doing nothing useful for the team and/or the toxic a-holes who abuse her 'stealth capabilities' and troll the Killer.

    This is why, even as a Claudette main, I'll never prestige her. Prestige in general is kinda useless for me, but for her its taking on all the hate associated with P3 Claudettes.

  • Same thing is happening to lisa. Claudette and lisa are by far the most hated survivors by killers in this game.