Devs, please don't add another killer that can zone someone by faking their power
I really don't think that this tactic makes for very interactive chases and it's mainly apparent in 3 killers, Demogorgon, Deathslinger, and Pyramid Head. Now I'm not going to say that these killers need nerfs because God knows that Deno and DS have less than great kill ratios in total but the fact that they can fake attacks and essentially get free hits feels pretty unfair. It's either don't try to juke the attack and get hit, or try to juke the attack only for the killer to hit you normally because moving out of the way of the attack makes you lose distance. I beg of you devs, please don't add another killer with an attack like this in the future.
Comments
Personally, I would much much rather have a killer like those three where there's interaction and a potential for true mindgames over another one like Spirit where there's far less interactivity for the same level of outcome.
I think you counterpoint yourself when you mention Demo and DS aren't topping the charts in kills, despite having this fake out power. If they're not the strongest, than the ability to fake isn't turning them into a godlike killer.
The thing is though, strength and the level of interactivity aren't exclusive qualities. Take Hillbilly for instance, he's one of the strongest killers in the game while he is also one of the most fun and fair to play against. Now let's go back to Deathslinger, as previously mentioned, he isn't all that strong, and I personally find that he feels unfun to play against due to a number of factors. I also wouldn't go as far as to say that faking an ability can be considered a "mindagame" due to the fact that the killer generally has time to react to what the survivor does and act accordingly (e.g. aim down sights and decide whether or not to shoot depending on what the survivor does).
I'm not going to act like it's the most fun thing to have a killer that just fakes their power like that for almost no cost, but I don't think PH is as bad when it comes to it. His ranged attack if honestly not that great. Yeah it's kind of cool that it's almost like a Doctor's power but one that does damage instead, but actually managing to hit the thing isn't the easiest thing to do. Not only does it have a big red zone indicating where it's going to come up, but PH has awful control while using his trail so it's already really easy to miss it anyway.
I just don't think PH has as much "faking" capabilities as the other two.
This is why my Deathslinger strategy is to not loop him if he's the type to go for shots. I've ran them ragged around the deadzones of the map dodging shots left and right and gaining a ton of distance after they miss and reload. If they get too close to me, find a pallet, drop it early, and keep running, since even if they do shoot me they can't get me at that point since I'm on the other side of a pallet. There have been relatively few slingers in red ranks that've been able to counter this strategy, to the point it's a genuine surprise when they do.
Any killer that discourages the same old "run in a circle" strategy, but is countered by adapting to a more dynamic approach is one I fully support, personally.
First of all: 4 Killers. Huntress exists too.
Second of all: Sure but only because we already have 4 Killers that do it. The idea behind allowing for baits in a power isn't problematic, but I'll grant you that it's getting old. So they should only not make another one because it's not a fresh gameplay pattern since they already did it 4 times.
That being said I do like playing against demo/pyramid head. I've literally never faced deathslinger since the PTB so I can't speak for him.